The TLE5011 is a 360° angle sensor that detects the orientation of a magnetic field by measuring sine and cosine angle components with monolithic integrated Giant Magneto Resistance (iGMR) elements. Data communications are accomplished with a bi-directional Synchronous Serial Communication (SSC) interface that is SPI compatible. The sine and cosine values can be read out digitally. These signals can be digitally processed to calculate the angle orientation of the magnetic field (magnet). This calculation can be done by using a COordinate Rotation DIgital Computer (CORDIC) algorithm. It is possible to connect more than one TLE5011 to one SSC interface of a microcontroller for redundancy or any other reason. If multiple TLE5011 devices are used, the synchronization of the connected TLE5011 is performed by a broadcast command. Each connected TLE5011 can be addressed by a dedicated Chip Select CS pin.
Summary of Features:
- Giant Magneto Resistance (GMR)-based principle
- Integrated magnetic field sensing for angle measurement
- Designed for 3.3 V and 5 V systems
- Full 0 - 360° angle measurement
- Highly accurate single-bit SD-ADC
- 16-bit representation of sine / cosine values on the interface
- Wide magnetic operating range: 30mT to 50mT
- Bi-directional SSC interface up to 2 Mbit/s
- 3-pin SSC interface, SPI compatible with open drain
- ADCs and filters synchronized with external commands via SSC
- Test resistors for simulating angle values
- Core supply voltage 2.5 V
- 0.25-μm CMOS technology
- Automotive qualified: -40°C to +150°C (junction temperature)
- Latch-up immunity according JEDEC standard
- ESD > 4 kV (HBM)
- Green package with lead-free (Pb-free) plating
- Steering angle
- Brushless DC motor commutation (e.g. Electric Power Steering (EPS))
- Rotary switch
- General angular sensing
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.