The TLE5009 is an angle sensor with analog outputs. It detects the orientation of a magnetic field by measuring sine and cosine angle components with Giant Magneto Resistance (GMR) elements. It provides analog sine and cosine output voltages that describe the magnet angle in a range of 0 to 360°. The differential GMR bridge signals are temperature compensated and independent of the magnetic field strength to maintain constant output voltage over a wide temperature and field range. The analog output is designed for differential applications. The output voltages are designed to use the dynamic range of an A/D-converter using the same supply as the sensor as voltage reference. Product type TLE5009-E2000 and TLE5009-E2010 are intended for use in circuits with 5 Volts supply. Product types TLE5009-E1000 and TLE5009-E1010 are intended for use in 3.3V applications. Product types TLE5009-E2010 and TLE5009-E1010 have improved angular accuracy achieved by production trimming at two temperatures.
Summary of Features:
- 3V to 5.5V operating supply voltage
- Low current consumption and very quick start up
- Overvoltage detection
- 360° contactless angle measurement
- Output amplitude optimized for circuits with 3.3V or 5V supply voltage (type -E10x0 or -E20x0 respectively)
- Immune to air gap variations due to GMR based sensing principle
- Output amplitude constant over a wide temperature range: -40°C to 150°C (junction temperature)
- High accuracy typically 0.6° overall angle error
- AEC-Q100 automotive qualified
- Green package with lead-free (Pb-free) plating
- Rotor position sensing for electric motor commutation
- Rotary switches
- Steering angle sensing
- Valve or flap position sensing
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.