- Giant Magneto Resistance (GMR)-based principle
- Fully redundant design with two sensor ICs in one package
- Integrated magnetic field sensing for angle measurement
- 360° angle measurement with revolution counter and angle speed measurement
- Two separate highly accurate single bit SD-AD
- 15 bit representation of absolute angle value on the output (resolution of 0.01°)
- 16 bit representation of sine / cosine values on the interface
- Max. 1.0° angle error over lifetime and temperature-range with activated auto-calibration
- Bi-directional SSC Interface up to 8Mbit/s
- Supports Safety Integrity Level (SIL) with diagnostic functions and status information
- Interfaces: SSC, PWM, Incremental Interface (IIF), Hall Switch Mode (HSM), Short PWM Code (SPC, based on SENT protocol defined in SAE J2716)
- Output pins can be configured (programmed or pre-configured) as push-pull or open-drain
- Bus mode operation of multiple sensors on one line is possible with SSC or SPC interface in open-drain configuration
- 0.25 μm CMOS technology
- ESD > 4kV (HBM)
- Software & Tools
The TLE5012BD is a fully redundant 360° angle sensor that detects the orientation of a magnetic field. This is achieved by measuring sine and cosine angle components with monolithic integrated Giant Magneto Resistance (iGMR) elements.
Highly precise angle values are determined over a wide temperature range and a long lifetime using an internal autocalibration algorithm.
Data communications are accomplished with a bi-directional Synchronous Serial Communication (SSC) that is SPI-compatible.
The absolute angle value and other values are transmitted via SSC or via a Pulse-Width-Modulation (PWM) Protocol. The sine and cosine raw values can also be read out. These raw signals are digitally processed internally to calculate the angle orientation of the magnetic field (magnet).
The TLE5012BD is a pre-calibrated sensor. The calibration parameters are stored in laser fuses. At start-up the values of the fuses are written into flip-flops, where these values can be changed by the application-specific parameters.
Online diagnostic functions are provided to ensure reliable operation.
Summary of Features:
The TLE5012BD GMR-based dual die angle sensor is designed for angular position sensing in automotive applications such as:
- Electrical commutated motor (e.g. used in Electric Power Steering (EPS) and actuators)
- Steering angle measurements
- General angular sensing
|557 KB||24 Jan 2017||01_02|
|329 KB||11 Jun 2015||01_00|
Product Selection Guide
|11 MB||31 May 2017||01_02|
|22.2 MB||21 Feb 2017||00_00|
|Sales Product Name||TLE5012BD E9200|
|Product Status||active and preferred|
|Completely lead free||yes|
|Packing Type||TAPE & REEL|
|TLE5012B EVALBOARD||Sensor||An evaluation board that allows evaluation of an integrated Giant Magneto Resistance (iGMR) angle sensor.
|TLE5012B EVALKIT||Sensor||The kit consists of a PGSISI box and an evaluation board and allows evaluation of an integrated Giant Magneto Resistance (iGMR) angle sensor. The evaluation board (PCB) with angle sensor and rotating magnet is available seperately (without PGSISI box). See TLE5012B EVALBOARD.
||active and preferred|
|PGSISI-2 INTERFACE BOX||on request|
|559 B||06 Apr 2017||01_00|
Find an answer to your question
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.