Infineon´s TLI493D-A2B6 is designed for all kinds of sensing applications, especially in the industrial area such as multifunction knobs or white good applications.
It measures the magnetic field in X, Y and Z direction. Each X-, Y- and Z-Hall probe is connected sequentially to a multiplexer, which is then connected to an Analog to Digital Converter (ADC). Optional, the temperature (default = activated) can be determined as well after the three Hall channels
Summary of Features:
- 3D magnetic flux density sensing of ±160mT
- Programmable flux resolution down to 65µT (typ.)
- X-Y angular measurement mode
- Power down mode with 7nA (typ) power consumption
- 12-bit data resolution for each measurement direction plus 10-bit temperature sensor
- Variable update frequencies and power modes (configurable during operation)
- Temperature range Tj=-40 °C…105°C, supply voltage range = 2.8V…3.5V
- Triggering by external µC possible via I2C protocol
- Interrupt signal to indicate a valid measurement to the microcontroller
- Component reduction due to 3D magnetic measurement principle
- Wide application range addressable due to high flexibility
- Platform adaptability due to device configurability
- Disturbance of smaller stray fields are neglectable compared to the high magnetic flux measurement range
- Multi function knobs
- Joysticks and gimbals
- Anti tampering in smart meters
- White good applications (washing, dryer machines, ...)
- Robotics position sensing
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.