XENSIV™ - TLE4972-AE35D5 magnetic coreless current sensor in a leaded TDSO-16 package
The Infineon TLE4972 provides an analogue sensor signal proportional to the measured current as well as two fast overcurrent detection pins. Due to its differential measurement principle it is robust against stray fields and suited for current measurements in EMC prone environments, e.g. in-phase current sensing in a motor application.
The digitally assisted analogue concept of TLE4972 offers superior stability over temperature and lifetime thanks to the proprietary stress and temperature compensation and the well-established and robust Hall technology. The core-less design avoids negative effects (saturation, hysteresis) commonly known from sensors using iron cores for flux concentration.
Our TLE4972 current sensor is qualified according AEC Q100 and ISO 26262 Safety Element out of Context for safety requirements up to ASIL B to support safety critical applications like traction inverter and battery main switch. The sensor is packaged in a PG-TDSO-16 which is suitable for use in 48V as well has high voltage applications due to its external current rail concept. Different implementations allow to optimize power losses as well as frequency response.
Summary of Features
- High accurate, scalable, DC & AC current sensing
- Very low sensitivity error over temperature and lifetime
- Excellent stability of offset over temperature and lifetime
- High bandwidth provides fast response time and low phase delay
- Differential sensor principle ensures superior magnetic stray field suppression
- Two independent fast Over-Current Detection (OCD) pins with configurable thresholds enable fast protection mechanisms for power circuitry (typical 0.7µs)
- Full scale up to 31 mT for high current applications
- Small form factor enables low insertion resistance and less power loss
- Configurable analog output operational modes (fully-differential, semi-differential or single-ended, uni- and bidirectional with or without ratiometricity)
- Supply voltage 3.1 to 3.5V
- ISO 26262 Safety Element out of Context for safety requirements up to ASIL B
- Different package solutions for optimal system integration in different wiring schemes
- • Automotive electrical drives
• Auxiliary drives
• Current monitoring
• Overload and over-current detection
• Automotive power train
• Battery main switch
• On board chargers, etc