OPTIGA™ Trust Charge
The trusted authentication solution for wireless charging
An increasing number of products and applications support wireless charging – driven by its obvious ease and convenience. However, an inaccurate power supply can be harmful to the device and, worst case scenario, even to the user.
Wireless charging authentication solution
Infineon’s OPTIGA™ Trust Charge is a turnkey solution providing secured device authentication for inductive wireless charging according to the Qi 1.3 wireless charging standard. Secured authentication with OPTIGA™ Trust Charge contributes to device and user safety by protecting against fake chargers.
The OPTIGA™ Trust Charge authentication device is certified to Common Criteria EAL6+ (high). Infineon is able to provide personalization and injection of the certificates and keys in a secured and certified environment, making it easy for customers to build in security capabilities.
Fast and easy integration
The turnkey setup – with full system integration support and all key and certificate material preprogrammed – minimizes customer effort for design, integration and deployment. OPTIGA™ Trust Charge comes with preprogrammed locked OS, locked application code, and host-side modules to integrate with host microcontroller software. Integration support includes a reference board and documentation for rapid design-in.
Summary of Features
- Common Criteria EAL6+ (high) certified hardware
- ECDSA P-256 authentication
- NIST P-256, SHA-2 cryptography
- Up to 10 kB user memory
- I2C serial communication
- USON10-2 package (3x3 mm)
- Extended temperature range version available
- Full turnkey solution incl. drivers, SW library, pre-implemented certificate(s) and key pair(s)
- With Common Criteria EAL6+ (high) certified hardware, OPTIGATM Trust Charge exceeds WPC’s security requirements
- Preloading of WPC-specific personalized keys and certificates at secure Infineon fabs to simplify key logistics and security integration
- Easy integration thanks to full turnkey design and complete solution offering including embedded software, host software, a development board, a reference board and documentation
- Optimized for small devices with tiny package and extended temperature range, bringing added flexibility to a wide range of consumer and industrial applications