The TDA 5150 is a low cost and easy to implement, multi-channel ASK/FSK/GFSK RF transmitter for the 300-320 MHz, 425-450 MHz, 863 - 928 MHz frequency bands with low power consumption and RF-output power of up to +10 dBm. The IC offers a high level of integration and needs only a few external components, such as a crystal, blocking capacitors and the necessary matching elements between the power amplifier output and the antenna. On-chip antenna tuning capacitors are implemented. An integrated high-resolution sigma-delta fractional-N PLL synthesizer covers all of the above listed frequency bands, using the same crystal for reference frequency generation. The configurable digital modulator allows precise FSK modulation and Gaussian shaping (GFSK), which contributes to reduction of occupied bandwidth. The output power of the integrated class-C RF power amplifier can be controlled over the SPI bus and if necessary, downsized (reduced) in digital steps. ASK shaping option contributes to reduced harmonics and minimized spectral splatter. The data encoder supports NRZ, Manchester, Bi-Phase, and Miller encoding. The device is fully configureable via the 3-wire Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI).
Summary of Features:
- High resolution Sigma-Delta fractional-N PLL synthesizer (frequency step size down to 7 Hz)
- Multiband/Multichannel capability for the 300-320 MHz, 425-450 MHz and 863-928 MHz bands
- Modulation types ASK (OOK) with ASK shaping, FSK (CPFSK) and GFSK
- Multi-channel and channel hopping capability, 4 register banks for fast Tx frequency switching
- Configurable via 3-wire serial interface bus (SPI)
- Manchester, Bi-Phase, and Miller encoding, on-chip PRBS9 scrambler
- Continuos checking of chip status by Fail-Safe mechanism
- Transparent and synchronized RF modulation mode
- Programmable clock divider output
- Configurable output power level from -10 dBm to +10 dbm, in 2 dB nominal steps
- Supply voltage range 1.9 V - 3.6 V, 2 low battery detection thresholds, preset to 2.4V and 2.1V
- Low supply current (Sleep Mode < 0.8 μA, RF transmission 9 mA @ +5 dBm)
- ESD protection up to +/- 4 kV on all pins
- Operating temperature range -40°C to +85°C
- Green Package TSSOP-10
- Short range wireless data transmission
- Remote keyless entry transmitters
- Remote control units
- Wireless alarm systems
- Remote metering
- Garage door openers
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.