The BGS13PN10 is a single pole triple throw (SP3T) high linearity, high power RF switch optimized for mobile phone applications up to 6.0 GHz. This single supply chip integrates on-chip CMOS logic driven by a two simple, CMOS or TTL compatible control input signals. Unlike GaAs technology, the 0.1 dB compression point exceeds the switch maximum input power level, resulting in linear performance at all signal levels and external DC blocking capacitors at the RF ports are only required if DC voltage is applied externally.
The BGS13PN10 enables critical band combinations for UL (B1 + B3), (B2+B4), DL-CA (B4 + B12) and SV-LTE (B5 + B13). This device handles very high transmitting signal levels of up to 38 dBm, while at the same time exhibiting low losses to conserve battery power. Ultra high linearity devices have a significant impact on system sensitivity. For instance, 3 dBm more linearity in whole RF-front-end leads to 6 dB better signal-to-noise ratio. Hence, data rate speed is improved by up to 40% allowing a step e.g. from 20 Mbps (QAM16 4/5) to 33 Mbps (QAM64 4/5). The BGS13PN10 stands for best-in-class ISO and IL performance across all frequencies.
Summary of Features:
- High max RF power: 38 dBm
- Three ultra-low loss ports:
- 0.19 dB @ f=0.9 GHz, PIN=38dBm
- 0.24 dB @ f=1.9 GHz, PIN=38dBm
- 0.26 dB @ f=2.7 GHz, PIN=33dBm
- 1.06 dB @ f=3.6 GHz, PIN=33dBm
- 1.62 dB @ f=5.5 GHz, PIN=33dBm
- No DC decoupling components required, if no external DC is applied on RF ports
- High ESD robustness
- Low harmonic generation
- No power supply blocking required
- Supply voltage range: 1.8 to 3.6V
- No insertion loss change within supply voltage range
- No linearity change within supply voltage range
- Suitable for EDGE / C2K / LTE / WCDMA / SV-LTE applications
- 0.5 to 6.0 GHz coverage
- Small form factor 1.1 mm x 1.5 mm
- 400 µm pad pitch
- RoHS and WEEE compliant package
- Suitable for EDGE / C2K / LTE / WCDMA / SV-LTE
- Mobile cellular Rx/Tx applications
Optimized for main path and entire RF Front-end without any power restrictions in mobile communication:
- DL/UL CA and MIMO
- HPUE 26dBm devices (high power Tx)
- Micro/Pico cells/Cellular base stations
- Test equipment
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.