EtherCAT® deployment made easy with XMC4800
The XMC4800 offers the EtherCAT® community a new – previously unimaginable – benchmark for ease of implementation. It is the market’s first-ever microcontroller to integrate an EtherCAT® node on an ARM® Cortex®-M controller with on-chip flash and analog/mixed signal capabilities.
The XMC4800 enables the most compact designs, eliminating the need for a dedicated EtherCAT® ASIC, external memory and crystal. Designers benefit from BOM cost and PCB space savings.
As a member of the proven XMC4000 microcontroller family with full pin and code compatibility, the XMC4800 is designed to the same high quality and reliability standards as the rest of the family.
- First-ever EtherCAT® node on an ARM® Cortex®-M controller
- Pin and code compatibility with the established XMC4000 microcontroller family
- Enablement of EtherCAT® under harsh conditions (125°C ambient temperatures)
- Guaranteed availability through 2027 or longer
- Samples of the series XMC4800 with EtherCAT technology will be available in August 2015. Start of volume production is scheduled for Q1 2016.