Contactless performance for smart services
Convenience is king
In an increasingly converged world, users are looking for one thing above all – convenience. More and more services spanning payment, access, ticketing and identification are being delivered through mobile devices, wearables, token or smart cards, equipped with contactless technologies like NFC or BLE. Users expect these services to work quickly and securely. In other words, they want to just swipe and go!
Building on security and interoperability with Infineon
At Infineon, we can help our customers navigate rising demands for user convenience in the fast-evolving, contactless landscape. We know that the successful implementation of new smart services hinges not only on security but also the interoperability across both legacy and new contactless infrastructures. We are familiar with the need for compliance with a host of specifications and standards such as EMVCo, CIPURSE™ and ICAO governing everything from payment to identification. And we have the right answer for further growing data volumes.
Our unique combination of contactless performance and SOLID FLASH™ memory offers maximum convenience and fastest time-to-market. Highlights of our proven, future-ready portfolio include Coil on Module, very high bit rates and mega memory. In addition, we are actively driving industry and test standards to achieve maximum contactless performance and interoperability. What’s more, through our infrastructure partner program, we help all players throughout the contactless ecosystem to achieve their performance, interoperability and security goals.
Customers around the world trust in our contactless solutions and services. We have already delivered more than 4 billion contactless security microcontrollers for payment, identification and transport ticketing projects worldwide. Our long list of reference projects speaks for itself:
- Infineon is the only IC company to supply key ePassport components to the world’s 5 biggest countries
- Over 75% of all ePassport projects in APAC and 75% of all eID projects in Europe rely on Infineon
- 5 out of 10 payment cards shipped in 2016 contain an Infineon security chip
- Public Transport Systems in Moscov secured with an Infineon CIPURSE™ chip are ready to serve for 8 million passengers
- HMS Ferry in Washington State realizes the first account based Transport Ticketing Project World Wide on CIPURSE™
Find out more about our products: Security & Smart Card Solutions