SPOC™ +2 | Multichannel SPI High-Side Power Controller
For resistive, inductive and capacitive loads, high inrush current loads - replace relays, fuses and discrete circuits
SPOC™+2 is the new generation of multichannel smart high-side power controllers for automotive and industrial applications based on SMART7 technology. Control, configuration and diagnostics of the SPOC™+2 devices are carried out via Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI). The family offers four and six channel devices (from 5.5mΩ to 70mΩ) in PG-TSDSO-24 exposed pad package and provides state of the art diagnostics and protection features.
Body control modules (BCM), in-car ECUs like junction, fuse and relay boxes now start to become increasingly complex, therefore the flexibility of SPOC™+2 with a number of new features is the right solution.
A very low ohmic DMOS power stage combined with protection and diagnostic features and SPI makes the SPOC™+2 family suitable for resistive, inductive and capacitive loads, high inrush current loads such as lamps and can replace relays, fuses and discrete circuits. The new family is designed to address additional applications such as door lock, seat heating, interior lighting as well as lighting and power distribution loads also for e-bikes.
The new product family offers additional configurable protection features, which can be applied individually for each channel. Besides state-of-the-art functions like short-circuit and overload protection, SPOC™+2 includes a configurable overload detection current. The protection can either be configured with Intelligent Restart Control or with Intelligent Latch. Furthermore, also the kILIS factor (ratio between load current and sense current) can be configured in order to address different applications. For all SPOC™+2 products Infineon provides a common diagnosis concept via SPI. The products include enhanced diagnosis functions such as open load in the off-state and short circuit to battery.
A unique benefit of the SPOC™+2 family is the pin-compatibility within the four and six channel family devices. Based on the identical footprint of its packages, maximum design flexibility is provided, allowing a change of loads and devices without major modification of the board layout.
PWM over SPI, compatibility with the hardest reverse battery requirement on the market (ReverseON), reduced internal operating current consumption, simplified and cost efficient ground network, outstanding current sense accuracy, benchmark cranking voltage capability (able to work down to 3.1 V), smaller package size for area savings and design flexibility across the family by pin-to-pin compatibility are the keys for the success of SPOC™+2 in the automotive market. Furthermore, the new concept allows two channels to drive one load in parallel. Consequently, the range of supported currents is now twice as wide: 1.5A to 14A (previously 1.5 A to 7 A).
- Infineon ISO 26262-ready products are developed acc. to IFX’s sophisticated Automotive Development and Quality Standards.
- For ISO 26262-ready products additional functional safety analysis will be provided.
- ISO 26262-ready enables our customers to use IFX’s (QM) products in safety related applications.
- A Safety Application Note can be delivered to serve as building block for customer’s system level safety concept
- When integrating ISO 26262-ready devices in safety-related systems, the independence between such elements and the safety goals / safety requirements have to be assessed by the customer, i.e. the independence between the QM functions of these elements and the application safety-related requirements.
SPOC™+2 is the new generation of multichannel high-side power controllers for automotive and industrial applications based on SMART7 technology. Control, configuration and diagnostics are carried out via Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI).
SPOC™+2 is designed to address additional applications such as door lock, seat heating, interior lighting as well as lighting and power distribution loads e.g. for e-bikes. Thanks to its flexibility and new features, SPOC™+2 is the right solution to complex modules e.g. BCMs, junction and relay boxes.
The newest smart switches family SPOC™+2 inherited the sustained technological know-how of the previous families to achieve excellence.
In addition to their different features, you can be sure, when opting for SPOC™+2, that you will:
- Significant PCB are saving, due to their smaller packages (PG-TSDSO-24)
- Cost saving, thanks to the integrated GND diode and the smaller package
- Scalability of family devices (pin-to-pin compatibility)
- Very low power dissipation, thanks to the SMART7 technology that enables very low RDS(ON)
- Improved register structure for more flexibility
- New registers for increased load driving capability
- Alternating SPI response to reduce firmware complexity