OPTIREG™ | DC/DC SBC Family
Infineon’s DC/DC SBCs combine highly efficient Switched Mode Power Supply with CAN FD and up to four LIN transceivers
The DC/DC System Basis Chip features a Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS) voltage regulator with 5 V or 3.3 V output voltage, another 5 V low-drop voltage regulator, one CAN and up to four LIN transceivers complying with latest automotive standards and OEM requirements. The devices include failsafe features to support ECU functional safety concepts, wake-inputs to monitor trigger signals, very low quiescent current in low power modes with full wake-up capability. All devices feature an exposed pad VQFN-48 (7 x 7 mm) power package. The entire family is software compatible (also to other Infineon SBC products) and pin-to-pin within the DC/DC SBC family.
Space saving: 80% PCB board space savings by integration 8 chips in 1 single VQFN package with 7x7mm footprint
Energy saving: Switched Mode Power Supply at greater than 80% efficiency excel in system power savings. Minimal quiescent current and intelligent power saving modes including stop and sleep mode complement the system solution.
High system reliability: Comprehensive diagnostics, supervision and failsafe features.
Reduced cost: Minimum number of external components reduce. Savings in BOM cost, part placing and handling, PCB board size, purchasing and development
Multiple and flexible designs: Compatible hardware and software reduces design costs and effort, enabling usage in various applications
The entire family is pin-to–pin and software compatible. The DC/DC SBC family allows scalability from two up to four LIN transceivers. The main supply voltage is either 5V or 3.3V, depending on variant. It is also software compatible with the Lite, Mid-Range+ and Multi-CAN Power+ SBC families (TLE94x1, TLE926x & TLE9278).
- Integrated high efficiency SMPS buck converter with edge shaping for optimized EMC performance (5 V or 3.3 V up to 750 mA)
- SMPS boost controller to ensure operation at low supply voltage (VSUP > 3 V) with external power switching (6.5/8/10V)
- Integrated low-drop voltage regulator (5 V up to 100 mA) protected for off-board usage
- 1 CAN transceiver compliant to ISO 11898-2:2016 supporting CAN Flexible Data-rate (CAN FD) up to 5 Mbps
- Up to 4 LIN transceivers compliant to LIN2.2/J2602
- 1 HV wake input for wake status monitoring
- Interrupt, reset output
- Integrated fail-safe functions: 3 fail-safe outputs, 1 fail-safe input, watchdog, fail-safe operating modes
- 16-bit SPI for configuration and diagnostics (compatible to all new generations of SBC TLE926x and TLE927x)
- Voltage, current and temperature monitoring and protection
- High efficiency SMPS buck and boost to supply high current even at low battery voltage
- Low-drop voltage regulator for on- and off-board supply
- Flexible number of integrated LIN transceivers
- Very low quiescent current
- Very small leadless package supporting AOI (Automated Optical Inspection)
- Pin compatibility among all family members
- Wide supply input voltage and temperature range
- Reduced system cost through low component count and less PCB space
- Excellent EMC and ESD performance meeting major car OEM requirements