PMSM/BLDC motor controller with additional 32-bit microcontroller
iMOTION™ IMC300 motor controller with Motion Control Engine (MCE 2.0), scripting and Arm® Cortex®-M0 MCU in QFP-48 package.
The IMC301A-F048 is a highly flexible control solution for variable speed drives based on a dual core device.
The motor controller performs sensor less field oriented control (FOC) for a variable speed drive based on a permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM). The integrated MCU is based on an 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M0 core and is used to implement customer functionality.
Summary of Features
- Highly flexible combination of
- Ready-to-use motor and PFC controller with
- Industry standard microcontroller
- iMOTION™ Motion Control Engine (MCE 2.0)
- Field proven computation engine for high efficiency sinusoidal motor control
- Single or leg shunt
- Sensorless or optional hall support
- Integrated protection features
- Integrated microcontroller(MCU)
- Industry standard Arm® Cortex®-M0 core
- flexible peripherals and communictaion interfaces
- MCE-MCU communication interface
- High-speed serial link and protocol
- Configuration, control, reporting
- Support for functional safety (IEC 60730, ClassB)
- Fastest time to market
- No programming required
- Easy motor parametrization and tuning
- Full protection for power stage and motor
- Lowest BOM cost
- no external OPAMP or comparators required
- Single shunt sensorless FOC operation (leg shunt/ hall sensors optional)
- Full customer application flexibility
- Freely programmable MCU
- Independent operation of MCE and MCU
- Use of full Arm® ecosystem
- Full flexibility on gate driver and power stage
Find out what iMOTION™ Solution Designer offers you, how projects are created and the work flow in terms of configuration, tuning, dashboards and scripting. The tool guides you through the complete project workflow, achieving the shortest time to market with the lowest R&D efforts.
The latest software release of Infineon's iMOTION™ Motion Control Engine (or MCE) supports two kinds of Universal Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter communication options. This training focuses on the Configurable UART communication protocol.
The iMOTION™ Solution Designer bundles all PC-based support functions related to setting up and running iMOTION™ products. This includes the configuration, programming and live tuning using configurable oscilloscopes as well as script editing and debugging. This training will help you get started with iMOTION™ Solution Designer.
The release of iMOTION™ 2.0 comes at an opportune time. Recent trends in the markets show that inverterization is taking hold at small as well as large companies, being applied across traditional applications, such as refrigerators, and for newer applications like hair dryers and water purifiers. To keep up with the trend, companies are required to convert outdated single speed motors to sophisticated variable speed motor drives. The latest iMOTION™ 2.0 is a close-knit turnkey solution consisting of advanced software, hardware, prototyping & evaluation boards, and support material that makes it easier than ever for customers to go to market cheaper and faster with an efficient, inverterized motor drive solution. Watch this video to get an overview of what is new with iMOTION™ 2.0.