MOTIX™ | BLDC Motor System ICs
Infineon’s MOTIX™ Motor System IC is the world first IC to combine DC and BLDC motor control with integrated power supply, CAN FD & LIN functionality
Infineon’s MOTIX™ Motor System IC family offers high integration and high performance with optimized system cost for DC and BLDC motor control applications. It combines half-bridge gate drivers with power and communication supply. The family features multi MOSFET driver in brushed DC 2x or 4x half bridges pre-driver as well as a 3-Phase BLDC pre-driver configuration. The IC is complemented with a low-dropout voltage regulator of up to 250mA, CAN FD (5 Mbit/s) and LIN transceiver as well as well as high-side switches (7Ω typ.), wake inputs and supervision features.
Target applications involve Automotive DC Motor Control, for example seat control modules, power lift gate, sunroof module, seatbelt pretensioner as well as BLDC Motor Control such as fuel and water pumps, fans and transfer case.
For more information regarding the MOTIX™ DC Motor System IC, please click here.
Infineon Developer Community is available 24x7 for you to connect and network with engineers across the globe. Get help from Infineon support engineers, and expert members to solve your design challenges anytime, from anywhere, in any topic, and in your preferred language.
Our highly integrated System-on-Chip solutions have various substantial benefits through advanced diagnosis features and minimized number of components.
Space saving: combining the features of a supply with a multi MOSFET driver IC in a single VQFN-48 pin package with 7mm x 7mm footprint
Energy saving: Offers intelligent power saving modes including stop and sleep mode, and the lowest quiescent current
High system reliability: Extensive diagnostics and protections (e.g. fail-safe output, watchdog, fail-safe operating mode) are embedded within the System-on-Chip
Reduced cost: Minimum number of external components reduce BOM cost, part placing and development, purchasing, handling and PCB sizing
Multiple and flexible designs: Platform approach reduces development efforts, increase time to market and reduce design costs
- 5V Linear Regulator up to 250mA
- CAN FD up to 5Mbps
- CAN PN and FD Tolerant (“-3” variants)
- LIN2.2B / J2602 (in TLE9560/2/4)
- Up to 4 High Side Switches (with 7 on-resistance)
- Up to 5 Wake Inputs
- Up to 6 PWM inputs
Infineon's MOTIX™ Motor System ICs use a patented concept of adaptive MOSFET gate drive. This multi-stage slew rate control enables EMC tuning via SPI, including adjusting slew rate with independence from dead-time and turn on/off delays. The on-board measurement and self-adaption of external MOSFET switching times allows balancing of power dissipation vs. EMC performance, adjusts for MOSFET lot-to-lot variations and reduces the need of end-of-line calibration effort.
- First IC with integrated half-bridge driver, power supply and communication interface in the market significantly reducing the required board space and amount of component counts
- MOSFET-independent switching time gives the targeted EMC/switching losses trade-off without binning or calibration
- Self-adaption of external MOSFET switching allows balancing of power dissipation vs. EMC performance and reducing the power dissipation in the FW MOSFET
- Reduced amount of external components (e.g. resistor, diode, capacitor) due to Adaptive MOSFET Control
- Peerless scalability within the Motor System IC (amount of Half-bridges and transceiver) and additional Multi MOSFET Driver IC to reduce time-to-market
- Extends battery life with very low quiescent current modes
- Meets major car OEM requirements with excellent EMC and ESD performance
Software and documentation - free download @ GitHub
Infineon tools in one place
The Infineon Toolbox integrates helpful software for our customers. For product development please use the Config Wizard for Motor Control IC.
Infineon Toolbox can be downloaded here: Download Infineon Toolbox
|Config Wizard for Motor Control IC allows easy configuration of Automotive products.|
|This tool allows the user to calculate the power dissipation of a selected device and if applicable then of external power devices.|