Relay Driver IC with Integrated ARM® Cortex® M0
LIN based relay Drive ICs TLE984xQX
The TLE984x product family brings together the ARM® Cortex®-M0 core and the market proven peripherals of its predecessor TLE983x (XC800 based relay driver). It integrates on a single die all the necessary functions to sense, control and actuate a motor via a relay or via a PN MOSFET Half-Bridge. Produced on Infineon’s first-in-industry automotive qualified 130nm Smart Power technology, the Infineon Embedded Power System-on-Chip solution offers an unmatched level of integration as well as system cost to performance optimization for the target application segments.
The TLE984x family offers scalability in terms of Flash memory sizes ranging from 36kB to 64kB with pin-compatible devices. It is specifically designed to fit to a wide range of LIN-slave motor control applications such as window lifts, wipers, sun roofs, fans and blowers to name a few. The new Infineon® Embedded Power IC is supported by a complete development tool chain provided by Infineon and third party vendors. The tool chain includes compiler, debugger, evaluation board, LIN low level driver and configuration tool as well as various software code examples.
- System-on-Chip solution with integrated ARM® Cortex® for DC motor control
- Platform solution for a size and weight optimized relay based motor control
- Integrated voltage regulator, LIN transceiver, switch inputs and relay driver
- Cyclic Sense and Cyclic Wake-up capability saves average current consumption
- Minimum number of external components reduce BOM cost
- PG-VQFN package with 7 x 7mm footprint enables PCB space saving
- Single chip solution improves module reliability
- Two protected low-side switches (min. 270mA)
- Up to two protected high-side switches (min. 150mA)
- Up to five high-voltage inputs with wake up functionality
- Integrated LIN transceiver compatible with LIN 2.2 and SAE-J2602
- Two full duplex serial interface (UART) with LIN support
- Two synchronous serial channel (SSC), compatible with SPI
- On-chip oscillator and PLL for clock generation
- Measurement unit:
- 8-bit ADC module with 7 multiplexed inputs for system supervision
- 10-bit ADC module with 13 multiplexed inputs
- On chip temperature and battery voltage measurement
- Independent programmable window watchdog
- 5V/1.5V Internal supplies
- External Supply (VDDEXT): 5V+/-2% @ 20mA
- Power saving modes
- MCU slow-down Mode
- Sleep Mode
- Stop Mode
- Cyclic wake-up from Sleep Mode or Stop Mode
Features of the integrated Microcontroller and its peripherals:
- 32 bit ARM Cortex M0 Core, 25/40 MHz clock frequency
- 36kB to 64kB flash memory for code and data
- Boot ROM for startup firmware and Flash routines
- Up to 4 kByte RAM memory
- Thumb® + Thumb-2® Instruction Set
- Nine 16-Bit timers
- Capture/compare unit for PWM signal generation (CCU6) with 2 x 16-bit timers
Infineon® Embedded Power ICs are supported by a complete development tool chain provided by Infineon and third party vendors. The tool chain includes compilers, debuggers, evaluation boards, LIN low level drivers and configuration tools as well as variety of example software code.
Together with our partners (Preferred Design Houses) we offer an optimized open market customer support for systems using our embedded Power products. They are trained to provide application- and product-specific support.
1. Classic Support (Free of Charge for customers)
Immediate customer support on technical questions
- 1st level customer support to ensure for Infineon products/ solutions
- Technical interface and support to the customer
- Drive the design in at the customer
- Basic trainings for design teams @customer
- 24hrs response time to the customer
2. Premium Support (Consultancy Model, to be agreed between customer and PDH)
Customized services depending on PDH capabilities and customer requests. It is oriented to design and is subject to a specific agreement between PDH and the customer
- Project management & project-specific application support
- Specification of general SW architecture defining required layers, control and data flow structure etc.
- Specification and implementation of custom device drivers
- Optimization of software components with regard to speed/code size
- Software testing
- Support of project-specific functional safety engineering
- Project-specific support of security solution
- Safety support, security support, multicore support
Further information can be found here: Infineon® Embedded Power - Preferred Design Houses
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.