2-Phase Bridge Driver with Integrated ARM® Cortex® M3
- Complete system-on-chip for DC motor control
- Minimum number of external components reduce BOM cost
- Platform solution for a wide range of motor control algorithms
- Simplifies EMC design based on slope programmable MOSFET driver
- Intelligent power saving modes including stop and sleep mode, supports energy management (on demand)
- PG-VQFN package with 7 x 7mm footprint enable PCB space saving
- Reduce the motor size and weight
- Single die solution improves module reliability
Infineon has combined its wealth of experience in motor control drivers for automotive applications with all the benefits of an industry-standard core. The unique result, our 3rd Generation Embedded Power IC based on ARM® Cortex®-M cores, addresses a wide range of smart 2-Phase DC motor control applications like, sunroof, power window lift, electrical pumps, electrical fans.
Produced on Infineon’s first-in-industry automotive qualified 130nm Smart Power technology, the Infineon Embedded Power System-on-Chip solutions offer an unmatched level integration and system cost to performance to optimization for the target application segments.
The TLE986x family offers scalability in terms of Flash memory sizes and MCU system clock frequency supporting a wide range of motor control algorithms. It uses the same MCU and peripherals as the TLE987x family, 3-Phase driver, enabling design synergies between DC and BLDC motor control applications
The new Infineon® Embedded Power IC is supported by a complete development tool chain provided by Infineon and third party vendors. The tool chain includes compiler, debugger, evaluation board, LIN low level driver and configuration tool as well as example software code for Motor Control.
- ARM® Cortex®-M3 MCU
- System clock up to 40MHz
- Up to 128kB Flash memory
- 4K EEPROM emulation
- NFET drivers with charge pump
- Current programmable NFET driver with patented slope control for optimized EMC behavior
- Integrated LIN transceiver compatible with LIN standard 2.2 and SAE J2602
- Supports fast programming via LIN
- Direct memory access (DMA)
- 10-Bit SAR ADC for sensing
- Timers for PWM signal generation for 2 -Phase motor control
- On chip oscillator & PLL
Infineon® Embedded Power ICs are supported by a complete development tool chain provided by Infineon and third party vendors. The tool chain includes compilers, debuggers, evaluation boards, LIN low level drivers and configuration tools as well as variety of example software code.
Together with our partners (Preferred Design Houses) we offer an optimized open market customer support for systems using our embedded Power products. They are trained to provide application- and product-specific support.
1. Classic Support (Free of Charge for customers)
Immediate customer support on technical questions
- 1st level customer support to ensure for Infineon products/ solutions
- Technical interface and support to the customer
- Drive the design in at the customer
- Basic trainings for design teams @customer
- 24hrs response time to the customer
2. Premium Support (Consultancy Model, to be agreed between customer and PDH)
Customized services depending on PDH capabilities and customer requests. It is oriented to design and is subject to a specific agreement between PDH and the customer
- Project management & project-specific application support
- Specification of general SW architecture defining required layers, control and data flow structure etc.
- Specification and implementation of custom device drivers
- Optimization of software components with regard to speed/code size
- Software testing
- Support of project-specific functional safety engineering
- Project-specific support of security solution
- Safety support, security support, multicore support
Further information can be found here: Infineon® Embedded Power - Preferred Design Houses
- Power window lift
- Electrical pumps
- Electrical Fans
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.