OptiMOS™ 6 100V
OptiMOS™ 6 100 V - the latest power MOSFET technology setting the new industry standard for high switching frequency applications
Infineon’s latest OptiMOS™ 6 MOSFET technology at 100 V utilizes a proprietary novel needle trench technology that enables higher power density, efficiency and ruggedness. Compared to the latest OptiMOS™ 5 technology, Infineon's leading thin wafer technology enables significant performance benefits:
- RDS(on) reduced by 18%
- Improved FOM Qg x RDS(on) by 29%
- Improved FOM Qgd x RDS(on) by 42%
Infineon OptiMOS™ 6 power MOSFET 100 V family is ideal for high switching frequency applications such as telecom and solar. The improved performance in on-state resistance (RDS(on)) and figure of merits (FOM – RDS(on) x Qg and Qgd) yields an efficiency improvement, allowing easier thermal design and less paralleling, leading to system cost reduction. Thanks to these enhancements, OptiMOS™ 6 100 V can be used also in battery powered application as power tools, drones and robotics as well as in battery management system.
For more details on applications and test results, visit our OptiMOS™ 6 100 V technology promopage!
Compared to OptiMOS™ 5 the technology features:
- ~20% lower RDS(on)
- 30% improved FOMg and 40% better FOMgd
- Lower and softer reverse recovery charge (Qrr)
- 175°C junction temperature rating
- High avalanche energy rating
- Pb-free plating and RoHS compliant
- Low conduction losses
- Low switching losses
- Fast turn on and off
- Less paralleling required
- Robust reliable performance
- Environmentally friendly
Watch latest webinar
This OptiMOS™ 6 100 V power MOSFET webinar provides an overview of the improved performances and the use-case applications that can benefit from this technology such as telecom, solar, and battery powered applications. Watch now and learn how your applications can benefit from this technology.
- Discover the performance of OptiMOS™ 6 100 V MOSFET technology
- Get to know target applications and use case examples in telecom, solar and battery powered applications
- Gain a product portfolio overview
- Learn about key product features and benefits
Download related information: Webinar Q&A
Watch latest eLearning
OptiMOS™ or StrongIRFET™: This is the dilemma! In most cases we are asking ourselves which one is the best fitting technology for our design. But how can we make this choice?
- Get to know the power discretes portfolio and understand which technology is the best fit for the design
In this video, we will cover the OptiMOS™ 6 100 V through the lens of the telecom/SMPS application.
- Understand how OptiMOS™ 6 100 V can bring your SMPS design to next level