A new SMD package using Kelvin source concept
For the first time the CoolMOS™ C7 Gold superjunction MOSFET series (G7) brings together the benefits of the improved 600V CoolMOS™ C7 Gold technology, 4pin Kelvin source capability and the improved thermal properties of the TO-Leadless (TOLL) package to enable a possible SMD solution for high current hard switching topologies such as power factor correction (PFC) up to 3kW and for resonant circuits such as high end LLC.
Summary of Features:
CoolMOS™ C7 Gold SJ MOSFET
- Gives best-in-class FOM R DS(on)xE oss and R DS(on)xQ G
- Enables best-in-class R DS(on) in smallest footprint
- Inbuilt 4 th pin Kelvin source configuration and low parasitic source inductance (~1nH)
- Is MSL1 compliant, total Pb-free, has easy visual inspection grooved leads
- Enables improved thermal performance R th
- Higher efficiency due to the improved C7 Gold technology and faster switching due to the package low parasitic source inductance and the 4pin Kelvin source concept
- Improved power density due to low R DS(on) in small footprint, by either replacing TO-packages (height restrictions) or paralleling SMD packages due to thermal or R DS(on) requirements
- Production cost reduction by moving to SMD through quicker assembly times
- Industrial SMPS
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.