OptiMOS™ 5 Power Block is a leadless SMD package in a 5.0x6.0mm² package outline, including a low-side and a high-side MOSFET in a synchronous buck converter configuration. By replacing two separate discrete packages, such as SO8 or SuperSO8, with the OptiMOS™ 5 Power Block, customers can shrink their designs up to 85%. Standardizing power packages benefits the customer, as the number of different package outlines available in the market place is minimized.
Summary of Features:
- 50A max average load current
- Source-down low side MOSFET for better PCB cooling
- Internally connected low-side and high side (lowest loop inductance)
- High side Kelvin connection for more efficient driving
- Compact and simplified layout for a DC-DC converter
- Optimized layout with lowest loop inductivity and best thermal performance