The TLS850B0TBV50 is a high performance, very low dropout linear voltage regulator for 5.0 V supply in a PGTO263-5 package. The input voltage range of 3 V to 40 V and a very low quiescent current of 20 μA make it the perfect match for automotive or other supply systems connected to the battery permanently. The new loop concept combines fast regulation and very high stability. Below an output current of 100 mA the typical dropout voltage is below 100mV. The operating range starts at an input voltage of only 3 V (extended operating range). This makes the TLS850B0TBV50 suitable for automotive systems that need to operate during cranking condition. The device can be switched on and off by the Enable feature. Internal protection features such as output current limitation and overtemperature shutdown protect the device from immediate damage due to failures such as output shorted to GND, overcurrent and overtemperature.
Summary of Features:
- Wide input voltage range from 3.0 V to 40 V
- Fixed output voltage 5.0 V
- Output voltage accuracy ≤ ±2%
- Output current capability up to 500 mA
- Ultra low current consumption, typical 20 μA
- Very low dropout voltage, typical 100 mV @100mA
- Stable with ceramic output capacitor of 1 μF
- Overtemperature shutdown
- Output current limitation
- Wide temperature range
- Green Product (RoHS compliant)
- AEC Qualified
- Suitable for very low cranking (stop and start support from Vin = 3 V)
- Energy efficiency: Longer Battery life
- Low Undershoots: No Reset
- Less external components: Lower PCB size and BOM cost
- Automotive or other supply systems that are connected to the battery permanently
- Automotive supply systems that need to operate in cranking condition
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.