The TLE 4251G is a monolithic integrated low-drop voltage tracker in the very small SMD package PG-TO252-5-1. It is designed to supply e.g. sensors under the severe conditions of automotive applications. Therefore the device is equipped with additional protection functions against overload, short circuit and reverse polarity.Supply voltages up to 40 V are tracked to a reference voltage given to the adjust input via an external resistor. The output is able to drive loads up to 400 mA while it follows e.g. the 5 V output of a main voltage regulator within an accuracy of 0.5%. For loads up to 300 mA, the tracking accuracy is 0.2%. The TLE 4251 can be switched in stand-by mode via the enable EN input which causes the current consumption to drop to very low values. This feature makes the IC suitable for low-power battery applications.
Summary of Features:
- Output Tracking Tolerance ≤ ±0.2%
- 400 mA Output Current Capability
- Enable Function
- Very Low Current Consumption in OFF Mode
- Wide Operation Range: up to 40 V
- Wide Temperature Range: -40 °C ≤ T j ≤ 150 °C
- Output Protected against Short Circuit
- Overtemperature Protection
- Reverse Polarity Proof
- Green Product (RoHS compliant)
- AEC Qualified
- Efficient and Accurate Voltage Replication
- Heat Distribution in the System
- Robust Tracking Supply
- Sensor Supply
- Heat Distribution
- Secondary µcontroller Supply
Introduction to Automotive Linear Voltage Regulators.
More information here
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.