TLD6098-1EP DC-DC boost controller with spread spectrum frequency modulation and with built-in diagnosis and protection features designed for LED drivers.
The TLD6098-1EP supports fixed current and fixed voltage output step-up/step-down configurations such as Boost, Buck, Buck-Boost, SEPIC and Flyback topologies.
The embedded spread spectrum modulator improves EMI performance. The device includes an integrated pulse width modulator to easily lower the LED brightness with reduced color shift. You also can modulate the output LED current using a digital pattern. TLD6098-1EP continuously monitors the load status: LED overcurrent, short to ground, overvoltage and overtemperature events are promptly indicated on a dedicated pin.
Summary of Features
- Fixed current or fixed voltage configuration in Boost, Buck, Buck-Boost, SEPIC and Flyback topology
- Drives low-side external n-channel switching MOSFET from internal 5 V voltage regulator
- Flexible switching frequency range from 100 kHz to 500 kHz with spread spectrum modulator
- Synchronization with external clock source from 100 kHz to 500 kHz and 2.2 MHz
- Wide input voltage range from 4.5 V to 60 V
- Analog and PWM dimming feature (embedded or external) to adjust average LED current
- Integrated PMOS gate driver for PWM dimming and output disconnection
- Automotive qualified
- Reduced EMI emissions
- Reliable protections with high-side load disconnection using a PMOS
- 2.2 MHz option for small size DC-DC
- Automotive exterior and interior lighting
- General illumination
- General purpose constant output current /voltage applications