The TLD5098EL is a LED boost controller with built in protection features. The controller concept of the TLD5098EL allows multiple configurations such as Boost, Buck, Buck-Boost, SEPIC and Flyback by simply adjusting the external components. Thanks to this the TLD5098EL is a quite easy to use and flexible device that comes without SPI but still with a quite powerful feature set.
TLD5098EL is a perfect choice when diagnostic as well as advanced dimming functionality like analog and digital dimming are required and where a DC/DC boost concept is needed like for Day-time-running lights or combined Low-/High-Beams.
Summary of Features:
- Single-Channel Multitopology (B2B, B2G, SEPIC, Flyback) DC/DC Controller
- Constant Current or Constant Voltage Regulation
- Wide Input Voltage Range from 4.5 V to 45 V
- Very Low Shutdown Current: Iq_OFF < 10 μA
- Switching Frequency Range from 100 kHz to 500 kHz
- Synchronization with external clock source
- PWM Dimming (integrated Gate driver for high accuracy)
- Analog Dimming feature to adjust average LED current
- Open Circuit Detection
- Short to GND Protection
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Internal Soft Start
- Over Temperature Shutdown
- 300mV High Side Current Sense to ensure highest flexibility and LED current accuracy
- Available in a small thermally enhanced PG-SSOP-14 package
- Automotive AEC Qualified
- Automotive interior and exterior lights
- LED daytime running lights, Low Beam, High Beam or combined Low- and Highbeams
- Pre-regulator e.g. for rear light applications
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.