The TLD5541-2QV is a synchronous Dual-Channel DC/DC controller with built in protection features and SPI interface. This synchronous concept is beneficial for driving high power LEDs or Laser Modules with maximum system efficiency.
To give maximum flexibility for different applications both DC/DC channels of the TLD5541-2QV can be operated separately with same or different topologies or as a multiphase Boost (Multiphase Buck → TLD5501-2QV).
Summary of Features:
- Dual-Channel synchronous Multitopology (B2B, B2G, SEPIC, Buck) DC/DC Controller
- Constant Current and Constant Voltage Regulation
- Individual channel or Multiphase Boost (Multiphase Buck → TLD5501-2QV) operation
- Wide VIN Range (Device 4.5V to 40V, Power Stage 4.5V to 55V)
- Wide LED forward voltage Range (Boost: 2V to 55V; Buck: 2V to 50V)
- LED current accuracy+/-3% at Tj=25° and 5% over the whole automotive temperature range
- Switching Frequency Range from 200 kHz to 700 kHz
- 16bit SPI for diagnostics and control, providing daisy chain capability
- Maximum Efficiency in every condition (up to 96%)
- Limp Home Function (Fail Safe Mode)
- Flexible current sense (Highside or Lowside)
- EMC optimized device: Features an auto Spread Spectrum concept to ensure best in class EMC performance
- Provides output current accuracy calibration for improved system accuracy
- LED current sense with dedicated monitor Output
- Adjustable soft start feature to limit the current peak and the voltage overshoot at start-up
- Smart power protection features for device and load (open load, short of Load, Overtemperature)
- Enhanced Dimming features to adjust average LED current and PWM dimming
- Available in a small thermally enhanced PG-VQFN-48-31 package
- Automotive AEC Qualified
- Especially designed for driving high power LEDs and Laser modules in automotive applications
- Automotive Exterior Lighting: Full LED headlamp assemblies (Low Beam, High Beam, DRL/POS, TURN, …)
- General purpose current/voltage controlled DC/DC LED driver
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.