The TLD5541-1QV is a synchronous MOSFET H-Bridge DC/DC controller with built in protection features and SPI interface. This concept of a synchronous and seamless buck-boost regulation provides a very efficient solution for circuits where the output (load) voltage is on the same level as the input voltage, e.g. in short chains with 2 to 3 high power LEDs or laser diodes connected to a 12 V electrical system.
Furthermore in combination with its fast dynamic load jump behavior, it is also an innovative solution for realizing cost-optimized LED headlamps with complete protection and diagnosis features – e.g. by driving two, three or more separately switched LED loads in one string, with up-to 55 V string voltage, with just one TLD5541-1QV.
Summary of Features:
- MOSFET H-Bridge with Single Inductor DC/DC Controller for high power BUCK-BOOST LED control
- Constant Current and Constant Voltage Regulation
- Wide VIN Range (IC 4.5 V to 40 V, Power 4.5 V to 55 V)
- Wide LED forward voltage Range (2V up to 55V)
- Switching Frequency Range from 200 kHz to 700 kHz
- LED current accuracy +/- 3% at TJ = 25°C and 4% over the whole automotive temperature range
- 16-bit SPI for diagnostics and control, providing daisy chain capability
- Maximum Efficiency in every condition (up to 96%)
- Drives multiple loads with a single IC thanks to the Fast Output Discharge operation
- Limp Home Function (Fail Safe Mode)
- EMC optimized device: Auto and programmable Spread Spectrum
- LED and Input current sense with dedicated monitor Outputs
- Adjustable soft start feature to limit the current peak and the voltage overshoot at start-up
- Smart power protection features for device and load (open load, short of Load, Overtemperature)
- Enhanced Dimming features: Analog and PWM dimming
- Available in a small thermally enhanced PG-VQFN-48-31 package
- Automotive AEC qualified
- Especially designed for driving high power LEDs and Laser modules in automotive applications with very high efficiency
- Ideal for driving (LED) loads on supply/battery voltage level
- Full LED headlamp assemblies e.g. LB, HB, DRL/POS with just one DC/DC
- Power supply for high power Matrix and Pixel light sources like LED or Laser modules for DMD or parallel LED arrays
- General purpose current/voltage controlled DC/DC LED driver
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.