The TLE 4241GM is an integrated adjustable constant current source
The TLE4241GM provides an output current adjustable via different means (SET, PWM, reference resistor) which is kept nearly independent from load and supply voltagechanges. The IC is designed to supply LEDs under the severe conditions of automotive applications resulting in constant brightness and extended LED lifetime. It is provided in the very small PG-DSO-8-16 (Micro 8) package. Protection circuits prevent damage to the device in case of overload, short circuit, reverse polarity and overtemperature. The connected LEDs are protected against reverse polarity as well as excess voltages up to 45 V. A status output allows handling of open load and short circuit at the main output. A PWM input offers the possibility to adjust the LED brightness by pulse width modulation.
Summary of Features
- Adjustable constant output current
- Wide input voltage range
- Low drop voltage
- Open load detection
- Overtemperature protection
- Short circuit proof
- Reverse polarity proof
- Wide temperature range: -40°C <Tj< 150°C
- Very small SMD-Package
- Green Product(RoHS compliant)
- AEC Qualified
- With an implemented high/low current switch the output current level can be reduced e.g. for brake/tail light application.
- The implemented features such as adjustable output current, the high/low current switch and the provided PWM input make the device well suited for a broad range of LED and other applications.