The LITIX™ Basic+ TLD2142-1EP is a single channel high-side driver IC with integrated output stage.
The TLD2142-1EP is designed to control LEDs with a current up to 240 mA. In typical automotive applications the device is capable of driving 3 red LEDs with a current up to 180 mA and even above, if not limited by the overall system thermal properties. Practically, the output current is controlled by an external resistor or reference source, independently from load and supply voltage changes.
Summary of Features
- Single channel device with integrated and protected output stage (current source), optimized to drive LEDs as additional low cost current source
- High output current (up to 240 mA)
- Very low current consumption in sleep mode
- Very low output leakage when channel is “off”
- Low current consumption during fault
- Output currents’ control via external low power resistor
- Additional output current demand supported by LITIX™ Companion direct drive without additional components
- Intelligent fault management: up to 16 and more devices can share a common error network with only one external resistor
- Reverse polarity protection allows reduction of external components and improves system performance at low battery/input voltages
- Overload protection
- Wide temperature range: -40°C < TJ < 150°C
- Output current control via external low power resistor
- Green product (RoHS compliant)
- Cost effective “stop”/ “tail” function implementation with shared and separated LEDs per function
- Turn indicators
- Position, fog, rear lights and side markers
- Animated light functions like wiping indicators and “welcome/goodbye” functions
- Day Running Light
- Interior lighting functions like ambient lighting (including RGB color control), illumination and dash board lighting
- LED indicators for industrial applications and instrumentation
The Infineon Developer Center integrates helpful software to support our customers and reduce their design-in efforts.
LITIX™ Basic+ dimensioning tools, as well as other software for LITIX™ products and more, are available in the Infineon Developer Center.
|The Single LED Short dimensioning tool evaluates the performance of LITIX™ Basic+ TLD2132-1EP, TLD2131-3EP and TLD2331-3EP single LED short (SLS) diagnosis based on the system requirements and the selected LED specification|
The Power Shift dimensioning tool calculates the external resistors needed for the Power Shift feature of LITIX™ Basic+ TLD1114-1EP based on the system requirements. It provides a graphical representation of the current split between the internal power stage and the power shift circuit as well as the power losses over the device and the power shift resistors over the supply voltage