The 2nd Generation Smart Ballast Control IC ICB2FL01G integrates all functions required to operate FL lamps such as preheat-, ignition- and run-mode and protection features. Digital mixed-signal power control is employed enabling speedy, cost-effective and stable ballast designs with a minimum number of external components. Reliable and robust high voltage isolation is achieved using Infineon’s proprietary Coreless Transformer Technology (CLT).
Summary of Features:
- Integrated critical conduction mode PFC stage with excellent dynamic PFC performance enabling very low Low Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) across wide load ranges
- Intelligent digital-/mixed-signal lamp inverter control
- Integrated high-voltage level-shift half-bridge driver
- Drives up to 4 lamps with few external components required
- Built-in protection functions such as Over-Voltage Protection (OVP) and Over-Current Protection (OCP)
- Adjustable end-of-life detection in multi-lamp topologies and detection of capacitive mode operation
- Able to handle lamp chokes with high saturation behavior
- Special in-circuit test mode for faster test time
- Parameters set with resistors only
- Separate adjustable levels of lamp overload and rectifier effect detection (EoL1, EoL2)
- Intelligent discrimination between surge and half-bridge overcurrent events
- Self-adapting dead time adjustment of the half-bridge driver
- Highly accurate timing and frequency control over wide temperature range (-25 to 125 °C)
- Reduced BOM cost by optimized lamp choke size
- Halving the time for key tests such as end-of-life detection and preheat/operation modes
- Reduced system cost and improved ballast stability
- Suitable for dimming & multi-power ballasts
- Enables ballast compatibility with a wider range of lamp types
- Lamp can automatically restart following surge events and handle correctly EOL events
- Eases design of multi-power ballasts and reduces EMI
- Reliable, stable ballast designs
- FL/CFL Ballasts
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.