Ballast control ICs from Infineon integrate all functions required to operate fluorescent lamps such as preheat-, ignition-, run-mode and protection features required by state-of-the-art and future fluorescent lamp ballasts. Digital mixed signal power control is employed enabling speedy, cost effective and stable ballast designs with the minimum of external components. Reliable and robust high voltage isolation is achieved by using Infineon's proprietary coreless transformer technology (CLT).
- Integrated high performance PFC stage
- Intelligent digital/mixed signal power control
- Integrated high voltage half bridge driver
- All parameters set using only resistors
- Highly accurate timing and frequency control over a wide temperature range