CDM10VD is a fully integrated 0-10V dimming interface IC and comes in a 6pin SOT package to cover space requirements on small PCBs. The device is coming in 4 different variants with different feature sets. The CDM10VD family is targeted for various dimming applications in lighting which requires dim-to-off. The IC can be used to transmit analog voltage-based signals from a 0-10V dimmer or potentiometer to the dimming or PWM input of a lighting controller IC in the form of a current based PWM signal to drive an external opto-coupler.
CDM10VD replaces many components in a traditional solution and reduces BOM and PCB space significantly. It supports active, passive and PWM dimming in applications with DIM-to-Off requirements.
Summary of Features:
- Minimum duty cycle: 5% or 10%
- I out current to drive e.g. optocoplers: 1mA or 5mA
- PWM output frequency: 1kHz
- Dimmer/resistor bias current: 120µA
- Dim-to-off: disabled/enabled
- Wide input V cc range: 11-25V, extended range down to 6V
- Variable input frequency PWM mode with fixed 1kHz output frequency
- Replaces many external components with single chip reducing BOM and PCB space
- Minimum variation from device to device
- LED drivers needing 0-10V dimming circuits
- Office lighting
- Signage applications