The ILD4071 is a highly integrated smart LED buck controller with built in protection functions. The main function of this device is to drive single or multiple series connected LEDs efficiently from a voltage source higher than the LED forward voltage by regulating a constant LED current.
The constant current regulation is especially beneficial for LED color accuracy and long LED lifetime. The built in freewheeling diode and switching transistor with current sense requires less external components and saves system costs. High flexibility is achieved by placing low power resistors to adjust output currents up to 700mA and the regulator switching frequency (typ. 200kHz).
An integrated PWM dimming engine provides a LED dimming function by placing a simple RC network to GND. This feature is dedicated for simple decentralized light modules without micro controller involvement.
Summary of Features:
- Constant current generation
- Wide input voltage range from 5V to 40V
- Peak current regulation
- Very low current consumption (<2uA) in sleep mode
- Integrated power transistor with low saturation voltage
- Integrated fast freewheeling diode
- Integrated load current sense resistor
- Integrated status pull down transistor
- Overtemperature Protection
- Switching frequency (typ. 200kHz) adjustable via external RC network
- External PWM dimming input
- Integrated PWM dimming engine
- Analog dimming (output current adjustable via external low power resistor and possibility to connect PTC resistor for LED protection during overtemperature conditions)
- Stable switching frequency due to fix OFF-time concept with VREC (supply voltage) feedforward
- Under- and overvoltage shutdown with hysteresis
- Small thermally enhanced exposed heatslug SMD package
- Green product (RoHS) compliant