Responding to the market requirement to accommodate ever increasing amounts of silicon in smaller, space saving packages, Infineon introduces the new package TO-247PLUS for 1200V IGBT. Higher current capability, improved thermal behaviour. The TO-247PLUS has the same outer dimensions as the industry standard TO-247, but due to the absence of the screw hole, allows up to 75A in 1200V co-packed with full rated 75A diode.
Summary of Features:
- High power density – up to 75 A 1200 V IGBT co-packed with 75 A diode in TO-247 footprint
- 20% lower R th(jh) compared to TO-247 3 pin
- Extended collector-emitter pin creepage of 4.25 mm
- Extended clip creepage due to fully encapsulated front side of the package
- Higher system power density – I c increase keeping the same system thermal performance
- Lower thermal resistance R th(jh) and improved by ~15% heat dissipation capability of TO-247PLUS vs TO-247
- Higher reliability, extended lifetime of the device
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.