Fast dual-channel 5A gate driver optimized for driving both standard and superjunction MOSFETs, as well as GaN power switching devices.
The input signals are low voltage TTL and 3.3V CMOS-compatible with a very broad voltage handling capability of up to +20V and down to -10VDC. The unique ability to handle -10VDC at the input pins protects the device against ground bouncing. Each of the two outputs is able to sink and source a 5A current utilizing a true rail-to-rail output stage, which ensures very low impedances of 0.7Ω up to the positive and 0.55Ω down to the negative
Excellent channel to channel delay matching, typ. 1ns, enables risk-free doubling of the source and sink capability up to 10A peak through paralleling of both channels. The combination of industry standard pin-outs and different logic input/output configurations guarantee high flexibility and shortens R&D time. The gate driver is available in the three package options: PG-DSO-8-pin, PG-VDSON-8-pin and PG-TDSSO-8-pin (small form-factor, improved thermal performance compared to DSO-8).
Summary of Features:
- 5A peak source/sink current
- 5ns (typ.) rise/fall times
- < 10ns propagation delay tolerance
- 8V UVLO option
- 19 ns (typ.) propagation delay for both, for control inputs and for enable
- -10V control and enable input
- Outputs robust against reverse current
- 2 independent channels
- < 1ns channel-to-channel miss-match
- Industry standard pin-out and packages
- Fast Miller plateau transition
- Precise timing
- Fast and reliable MOSFET turn-off, independent of control IC
- Increased GND-bounce robustness
- Saves switching diodes
- Option to increase drive current by truly concurrent switching of 2 channels
- Straight-forward design up-grades
The perfect match: Infineon's CoolMOS™ Power MOSFETs
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.