AUIRS1170S is an automotive qualified smart secondary-side driver IC designed to drive N-Channel power MOSFETs used as synchronous rectifiers in isolated Resonant, Flyback and Forward converters. The IC can control one or more paralleled Nch-MOSFETs to emulate the behavior of Schottky diode rectifiers. The AUIRS1170S works in both DCM and CCM operation modes. The SYNC pin should be used in CCM mode to directly turn-off the MOSFET by a signal from secondary or primary controller. The IC is designed to use simple capacitor coupling interface with primary controller. In addition to the SYNC control, the drain to source voltage is sensed differentially to determine the polarity of the current and turn the power switch on and off in proximity of the zero current transition. Ruggedness and noise immunity are accomplished using an advanced blanking scheme and double-pulse suppression which allow reliable operation in all operating modes.
Summary of Features:
- Secondary side high speed SR controller
- Fly-back, Forward and Half-bridge topologies
- CCM operation with SYNC function
- 200V proprietary IC technology
- Max 500KHz switching frequency
- Anti-bounce logic and UVLO protection
- 6A peak turn off drive current
- Micropower start-up & ultra low quiescent current
- 10.7V gate drive clamp
- 60ns turn-off propagation delay
- Vcc range from 11V to 20V
- Enable function synchronized with MOSFET VDS transition
- Cycle by Cycle MOT Check Circuit prevents multiple false trigger GATE pulses
- Automotive Qualified
- Leadfree, RoHS compliant
- Automotive DC-DC converters
- Automotive SMPS
- High power industrial SMPS
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.