1200 V three-phase gate driver IC with integrated over current protection, fault reporting, OPAMP, and shutdown
IR2233S utilizes proprietary 1200 V HVIC and latch immune CMOS technologies which enable a rugged, monolithic construction with integrated protective features such over-current protection, fault reporting, under voltage lockout protection, cross-conduction prevention, independent op amp, shutdown, separate logic and power ground
The IR2233S three-phase gate driver is well suited for low- and medium- power designs up to 4 kW or higher power levels with additional external buffer current driver. IR2233S provides high performance drive capability with full protective features for a cost-competitive solution.
IR2233S belongs to the 1200 V level-shift junction isolated (JI)gate driver family.
A 600 V variant is also available, IR2133S.
Summary of Features
- Floating channel up to 1200 V
- Integrated over-current shut down turns off all six drivers
- Under-voltage lockout protection
- Cross conduction prevention (dead-time)
- Current sensing op amp
- Low quiescent current
- Tolerant to negative transient voltage, dV/dt immune
- Matched propagation delay for all channels
- Independent 3 half-bridge drivers
- 2.4 V logic compatible
- Outputs out of phase with inputs
- our monolithic high-voltage technology allows IR2233S to safely drive 110Vac to 380Vac applications and can withstand up to 1200V dc voltage.
- Integrated over-current protection, provides space and cost savings compare to a discrete op-amp component solution while protecting the switches
- Under-voltage lockout provides protection at low supply voltage
- The current sense amplifier amplifies phase leg current from a low-value precision sensing resistor in the power return path.