High side GaN gate driver - EiceDRIVER™
Drive high-voltage gallium nitride (GaN) HEMTs with the most robust and efficient single-channel isolated GaN EiceDRIVER™ IC on the market
The single-channel isolated GaN EiceDRIVER™ gate driver IC family for high-voltage gallium nitride switches was developed to drive Infineon’s CoolGaN™ 600V e-mode HEMTs, allowing for higher system efficiency and power density, associated with improved robustness and reduced costs.
Key advantages when designing with Infineon’s tailor-made GaN EiceDRIVER™ gate driver ICs are the fast turn-on and turn-off switch slew rates in source and sink driving currents. Thanks to the extended common-mode transient immunity (CMTI) robustness, these gate drivers enable extremely fast switching.
The high-side GaN EiceDRIVER™ gate drivers ensure robust and highly efficient operation of the high-voltage gallium-nitride switch, and at the same time concurrently minimizing R&D efforts and shortening time-to-market.
Infineon’s isolated GaN EiceDRIVER™ gate driver ICs provide negative VGS voltage, which leads to safe off-states during switching transients. Additionally, it protects the GaN switch against spurious turn-on, even for the first pulse or after a burst mode operation.
Thanks to the integrated galvanic isolation, Infineon’s GaN EiceDRIVER™ gate driver ICs are best suited to drive high-voltage GaN HEMTs in hard-switching half-bridge applications, such as the totem-pole PFC topology. If the PWM signals have to cross the safe isolation barrier, such as in the resonant LLC with secondary-side control, the 1EDS5663H with reinforced isolation is the right choice.
- Source and sink driving currents enabling fast turn-on / turn-off GaN switch slew rates
- Provide negative VGS voltage, which leads to safe off-states during switching transients, and even for the first pulse or after a burst mode operation
- Configurable and constant GaN switching slew rates over a wide range of switching frequencies and duty cycles, results in robust and efficient GaN operation and short time-to-market
- Integrated galvanic isolation
- The possibility to drive the high-voltage GaN in hard-switching half-bridge applications, such as the totem-pole PFC topology
- Mandatory if the PWM signals have to cross the safe isolation barrier, such as in the secondary-side controlled resonant LLC topology
Single-channel galvanic isolation:
Functional: VIO = 1500VDC
VIOWM = 510Vrms (16-pin DSO 150mil)
VIOWM = 460Vrms (LGA 5x5)
Reinforced: VIOTM = 8000Vpk (16-pin DSO 300mil)
VIOWM = 1420VDC
CMTI min: 200V/ns
Minimum output pulse width: 18ns
Propagation delay accuracy: -6ns / +7ns
Key use cases
- Totem-pole PFCs
- Vienna rectifier
- Multi-level topologies
- Resonant LLC