Fast, robust, dual-channel, reinforced isolated MOSFET gate drivers with accurate and stable timing
The EiceDRIVER™ 2EDS8265H and 2EDS8165H are reinforced isolated gate drivers for secondary-side control over the mandatory safe isolation barrier in SMPS. The 2EDS8265H strong 4A/8A source/sink dual-channel gate driver comes with a very high 150V/ns CMTI (Common Mode Transient Immunity) for robust operation with fast CoolMOS™ and high power switching noise environment.
The very fast propagation delay of 37ns is provided with low variation over temperature and production which enables the power system design to achieve higher efficiency through very tight timing control across the safety isolation barrier. The 2EDS8165H with 1A/2A is available for smaller MOSFETs or PWM signal/data decoupling for very high power designs working with local boost drivers. Safety certificates in accordance with UL1577, VDE0884-10, IEC62386 and IEC60950 will be provided with these devices. The 2EDFS8xx5H parts come in wide-body 300 mil DSO16 packages.
Summary of Features:
- Fast switching with accurate timing
- Optimized for area and system BOM
- Robust against switching noise
- Output- to-output channel isolation
- Input-to-output channel isolation
- Efficiency gain and lower losses
- Improved thermal behavior at smaller form factor
- Protection and safe operation
- Flexible configurations
- Regulatory safety
- Enabling higher system efficiency and higher power density designs
- Improving long term competitive cost position, integration and mass manufacturability
- Extending end-product lifetime by improving safe operation of power switches in normal and abnormal field (grid) conditions
- Lower EMI by ground isolation, driver proximity to MOSFETs or when using 4-pin Kelvin source MOSFETs
- Simplified safety approval through component (VDE884-x, UL1577 and system (IEC60950, IEC62386) certificates
- Telecom DC-DC
- Industrial SMPS
- Smart Grid
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.