24 V dual-channel low-side gate driver with high current for driving large power switches
EiceDRIVER™ 24 V dual-channel low-side non-inverting gate driver for MOSFETs or IGBTs with typical 10 A source and sink currents in a DSO-8 package with thermally efficient, exposed power pad. 2ED24427N01F enables higher power and faster switching frequencies in multiple applications with a reduced PCB footprint and increased reliability by simplifying high power density system design.
The 2ED24427N01F is a low-voltage, power MOSFET and IGBT non-inverting gate driver. Proprietary latch immune CMOS technologies enable ruggedized monolithic construction. The logic input is compatible with standard CMOS or LSTTL output. The output driver features a current buffer stage. The output drivers feature a high pulse current buffer stage designed for minimum driver cross-conduction. Propagation delays between two channels are matched. Internal VCC circuitry provides under voltage lockout protection that holds output low until VCC supply voltage is within operating range.
EVAL-2ED2101-HB-LLC features the 2ED2101S06F SOI level-shift gate driver for driving the primary-side half bridge and the dual-channel low-side gate driver 2ED24427N01F with pulse transformer to ensure control signal isolation for the secondary rectifying stage. It is designed to showcase the use of high switching frequencies up to 500 kHz, with light load bursts above 600kHz, in an LLC converter design, to provide system benefits such as lower EMI, reduced passive component size and footprint, as well as overall system size and BOM cost.
Summary of Features
- 10 A sink and 10 A source driver capability (typical)
- 11.5 V under voltage lockout
- 24 V maximum supply voltage
- Enable function
- CMOS Schmitt-triggered inputs
- Output in phase with input
- 3.3 V, 5 V and 15 V input logic compatible
- PSOIC-8 package with thermal pad
- 2 kV HBM ESD
- Large driving capability for high power or paralleled MOSFETs and IGBTs or modules such as EasyPACK™ or EconoPACK™
- Thermally efficient PDSO-8 package increased reliability and overall full load system efficiency
- System cost reduction possible by paralleling more than one switch per channel (e.g. in synchronous rectification)
- System cost and size reduction possible by reducing the number of lower current (e.g. 5 A) low-side gate drivers needed in various power electronic paralleling applications
Find our Variations
|Part No||Package||Channels||Io+/- (typ)||UVLO (on/off) typ.||Features|
|11.9/11.4 V||integrated overcurrent protection with negative current sensing|
|SOT23-5||1||1.5/1.5 A||10.2/9.2 V||additional OUT pin for easy layout|