600V CoolGaN™ Integrated Power Stage (IPS) to deliver high density, high efficiency solution
IGI60F1414A1L combines a half-bridge power stage consisting of two 140 mΩ (typ. RDS(on)) / 600V enhancement mode CoolGaN™ HEMT with dedicated gate drivers in a small 8x8 mm QFN-28 package.
It is thus ideally suited to support the design of high density AC-DC charger and adapters utilizing the superior switching behavior of CoolGaN™ power switches. Infineon’s CoolGaN™ and related power switches provide a very robust gate structure. When driven by a continuous gate current of a few mA in the “on” state, a minimum on-resistance RDS(on) is always guaranteed, independent of temperature and parameter variations.
The driver utilizes on-chip coreless transformer technology (CT) to achieve signal level-shifting to the high-side. Further, CT guarantees robustness even for extremely fast switching transients above 300V/ns.
Summary of Features
- Isolated digital input with digital-in, power-out building block
- Application configurable switching behavior
- Fast, highly accurate, and stable timing
- Thermally enhanced 8x8mm QFN-28
- Easy to drive with 2x digital PWM input
- Low system BOM
- Complete configurability of gate path via simple RC interface
- Allows short dead-time setting to maximize system efficiency
- Small package for compact system designs