The TLE9243QK is an application specific multiple output system supply for transmission applications supplying 5 V-μC, transceivers, and sensors by an efficient and flexible pre-/post-regulator concept over a wide input voltage range.
Like other Application Specific PMICs, TLE9243QK is a power management IC that levers system cost optimization potential and FuSa harmonization for a specific application. The TLE9243QK offers the complete power supply functionality as well as application specific features for transmission systems.
Beside the power supply functions, the TLE9243QK provides sensor interfaces for three channels including one 9V LDO per channel as well as three channels to drive external n-channel power switches.
The TLE9243QK has been developed according to ISO26262 targeting systems up to ASIL-D. Multiple safety features as window and functional watchdog and monitoring functions enable easy realization of ASIL-D together with the Infineon’s AURIX™ family and other microcontrollers as well.
The TLE9243QK is coming in a Grade 0 thermally enhanced LQFP-64 suitable for harsh environments.
For datasheet and further support, please contact your sales representative.
- The device is PRO-SIL™ ISO26262-compliant and fulfils the properties required by the ISO26262 (Automotive Safety) Standard (for more info visit www.infineon.com/PRO-SIL).
Required safety integrity functions to reach ASIL-D efficiently on system level are already implemented: UV/OV-monitoring of all rails with independent reference, detecting dependent failures by flexible watchdog-concept, monitoring of μC’s safety management unit, and a safe state controller providing secondary safety paths. A built-in self-test is ensuring the proper function of the relevant safety features. All features are perfectly aligned to the Infineon’s AURIX™-requirements, but are extended to support other μCs as well. All safety-relevant configurations are protected and can only be changed by special, successfully performed unlock/lock-sequence.
Furthermore PRO-SIL™ ISO26262-compliant product development follows a product specific safety plan defined by Infineon. The product development follows the Infineon V – model based development lifecycle which encompasses all ISO26262 required activities and work products related to the product scope. Product relevant safety requirements and required metrics are captured and verified through the development of the product, this includes the product safety concept and ultimately a product safety case which provides the argumentation and evidence showing achievement of the defined safety requirements and process compliance, including all essential supporting processes.
An independent functional safety management organization supports the ISO26262 conform safety lifecycle. For ISO26262-compliant products a Safety Manual and a Safety Analysis Summary Report are available* in addition to Infineon standard documentation.
Moreover Infineon offers expert support for system integrators to achieve the required ASIL on system level. Infineon’s activities result in a simplified integration in safety-related applications.
Summary of Features
Transmission Specific Functions
- Three high side drivers to control external n-channel FETs
- Three 9.0V LDOs ±3%; 50mA for wheel speed sensors
- Three Sensor Channels for current based wheel speed sensing (3 level)
Pre-/post-regulator concept: boost and buck/LDOs and trackers for
- μC (main, ADC/reference, I/O)
Integration of functional safety (features supporting ASIL-D)
- Flexible watchdogs
- Safe state controller with three high side drivers to control external n-channel FETs
- Support of Active Reverse Polarity Protection
- System cost savings by reduction of external components
- Supporting extreme harsh environments
- Optimized system FuSa
- Enables ASIL-D on system level
- Easy ISO26262 implementation by full documentation set
- Fully interoperable with Infineon AURIX™ microcontrollers, XENSIV™ sensors, Transmission Constant Current Control Solenoid Drivers and 3-phase MOSFET Bridge Drivers
- Electrohydraulically controlled transmissions
- Electromechanically controlled transmissions
Access to complete OPTIREG™ PMIC technical documentation including data sheets, app notes, etc.:
- To get access to the full technical documentation you need access to the MyInfineon Collaboration Portal
Please register* under myinfineon.com with your company e-mail address and with this, request access to the MyInfineon Collaboration Portal.
(*If you are already registered at myinfineon.com, follow the guideline from page 6.)
- Click here to see the step-by-step instructions to get registered.
- In case you need further assistance, please fill in the form to our Technical Assistance Center or contact email@example.com