Digital Dual Output 3+1 VR12.5 & VR13 DDR Memory Controller
The Infineon Technologies memory digital controllers provide intelligent power for DDR3/DDR4 applications. Command and monitor functions are controlled through the Intel SVID interface which supports 5mV/step VID table, power states (PS), and VR Data & Configuration Register requirements. Infineon’s memory controllers utilize digital technology to implement all control functions, providing the ultimate system solution in terms of flexibility and stability.
Advanced control loop features, such as Active Transient Response (ATR) modulation and fast DVID response enable optimal response to high load transients. Programmable temperature compensation to current sense allows the designer to tailor the response for best load line accuracy over temperature. Best-in-class noise immunity is achieved through high oversample rate and digital current estimation.
Protection features include a comprehensive suite of sophisticated over-voltage, under-voltage, over-temperature, and over-current protections. Memory controllers also detect and protect against an open or short circuit on the remote sensing inputs. These attributes provide a complete and advanced protection feature set for microprocessor and power systems.
Summary of Features
- 3+1 multiphase control
- Digital control loop
- Intel™ VR12.5 & VR13 compliant interface
- PMBus™ interface
- -5°C to +85°C ambient temperature range
- Digital control improves transient response and reduces components
- Proprietary multiphase control boosts efficiency across all loads
- PMBus™ interface provides access for monitoring telemetry and controlling regulation functions
- Server DDR Memory power regulation
- Desktop DDR Memory power regulation