IR35215 dual output digital multiphase controller
The IR35215 is a dual loop, digital, multi-phase buck controller designed for CPU voltage regulation - it can support up to 8 phases and allows flexible phase assignment between the two loops.
The IR35215 includes Infineon’s efficiency shaping technology to deliver exceptional efficiency at minimum cost across the entire load range. Infineon’s dynamic phase control adds/drops phases based upon load current. The IR35215 can be configured to enter 1 or 2-phase operation and active diode emulation mode automatically or by command.
The IR35215 offers digitally programmable load line thereby eliminating the need for any external load line setting component. The controller is designed to work with integrated and DCR current sense power stages and provides accurate input and output current reporting.
Summary of Features
- Low quiescent power output PWM controller with dual loops and flexible phase allocation
- Intel® VR13 rev 1.1 , VR12.5 rev1.5, VR12 rev 1.7, IMVP8 rev 1.2 and memory VR modes
- Switching frequency from 200 kHz to 2 MHz per phase
- Infineon efficiency shaping features including dynamic phase control and automatic power state switching
- Programmable 1 or 2-phase operation for light loads and active diode emulation for very light loads
- Digitally programmable load line - no external components are needed to set the load line
- Infineon Adaptive Transient Algorithm (ATA) on both loops minimizes output bulk capacitors and system cost
- Auto-phase detection with PID coefficient auto-scaling
- Fault protection: OVP, UVP, OCP, OTP, CFP, cycle-by-cycle current limit
- I2C/SMBus/PMBus system interface for reporting of temperature, voltage, current and power telemetry for both loops
- Multiple Time Programming (MTP) with up to 27 writes for the USER section
- Compatible with industry standard 3.3 V tri-state drivers
- +3.3 V supply voltage; -40°C to 85°C ambient operation
- Pb-Free, RoHS, 5x5 mm 40-pin, 0.4 mm pitch QFN
- Intel® VR13, VR12.5, VR12 and IMVP8 based systems
- Servers and high end desktop CPU VRs
- Memory VR