The CoolSET™-Q1 series (ICE2QRxx80Z) is the first generation of quasi-resonant integarted power ICs. It is optimized for off-line switch mode power supply applications such as LCD monitor, DVD R/W, DVD Combo, Blue-ray DVD, set top box, etc. Operting the MOSFET switch in quasi-resonant mode, lower EMI, higher efficiency and lower voltage stress on secondary diodes are expected for the SMPS. Based on the BiCMOS technology, the CoolSET™-Q1 series has a wide operation range (up to 25 V) of IC power supply and lower power consumption. It also offers many advantages such as: a quasi-resonant operation till very low load increasing the average system efficiency compared to other conventional solutions; the Active Burst Mode operation enables ultra-low power consumption at standby mode with small and controllable output voltage ripple.
Summary of Features:
- 800 V avalanche rugged CoolMOS™ with built-in startup cell
- Quasiresonant operation till very low load
- Active burst mode operation for low standby input power (< 100 mW)
- Digital frequency reduction with decreasing load for reduced switching loss
- Built-in digital soft-start
- Foldback point correction and cycle-by-cycle peak current limitation
- Maximum on/off time limitation
- Auto restart mode for VCC Overvoltage and Undervoltage protections
- Auto restart mode for overload protection
- Auto restart mode for overtemperature protection
- Latch-off mode for adjustable output overvoltage protection and transformer short-winding protection
- Active Burst Mode to reach the lowest standby power requirement <100 mW @ no load
- Quasi resonant operation
- Digital frequency reduction for better overall system efficiency
- 800 V avalanche rugged CoolMOS™ with startup cell
- Pb-free lead plating, halogen free mold compound, RoHS compliant
- Adapter/Charger, Blue Ray/DVD player, Set-top Box, Digital Photo Frame
- Auxiliary power supply of Server, PC, Printer, TV, Home theater/Audio System, White Goods, etc
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.