Quasi Resonant CoolSET™
New 5th generation of high efficiency integrated power IC
Infineon latest 5th generation quasi-resonant CoolSET™ offers high performance with the integration of latest 700V and 800V CoolMOS™ P7 families in both DIP-7 and DSO-12 packages.
With a patent pending novel quasi-resonant implementation, an intelligent adaptive digital algorithm has enabled the PWM controller to minimize the spread of switching frequency under different AC line input conditions. This innovative approach has enabled SMPS designers to design with higher switching frequency to take advantage of smaller magnetics and lowering of system BOM cost.
To increase system robustness, both line input OVP and brown IN/OUT protection have been incorporated thereby reducing BOM count with high integration. To prevent controller damage due to abnormal start-up conditions, VCC and CS pin short to ground protection have been implemented to further enhanced system robustness. To minimize interruption to system operation, all protection modes are implemented with auto-resume to enhance user experience.
5th generation quasi-resonant CoolSET™ is targeted for SMPS applications such as auxiliary power supply for home appliances (e.g. washing machines, refrigerators and air-condition), set-top-boxes, LCD/LED monitors and general purpose power supply up to a maximum output power of 42W.
Key features 5 th generation quasi-resonant CoolSET™
- Integrated with 700V and 800V avalanche rugged CoolMOS™ P7
- Novel quasi-resonant switching scheme
- Rapid and adjustable start-up with cascode configuration
- 2 level selectable active burst mode level
- Built-in digital soft-start
- Cycle by bycle peak current limitation
- Digital frequency reduction with decreasing load for higher efficiency
- Adjustable line input over-voltage and brown IN/OUT protection
- V CC and CS pin short to ground protection
- OLP, output short, output over-voltage, OTP with hysteresis and VCC Over/under voltage protection
- Auto-restart for all protection features
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.