100 kHz offline flyback regulator with integrated 950 V CoolMOS™ superjunction MOSFET
It supports both isolated and non-isolated flyback topology typical of bias and offline auxiliary power supply.
Regulation made easy thanks to an integrated error amplifier for non-isolated flyback topology to enable direct feedback while minimizing the external BOM.
Thanks to the integrated MOSFET, the support of an ultra-wide input voltage range commonly associated with single-phase smart metering, and industrial applications is possible. In addition, snubber circuitry can be optimized, further enhancing the efficiency/standby performance of the converter.
Available in the DIP-7 package, the ICE5AR3995BZ offers a high level of integration that provides a comprehensive suite of protection features, frequency jittering to minimize EMI, and frequency reduction in tandem with the decrease of load to improve overall efficiency. On top, the active burst mode improves light-load/standby performance.
Summary of Features
- 100 kHz maximum switching frequency with integrated 950 V superjunction MOSFET
- Integrated error amplifier to support direct feedback typical for non-isolated flyback topology
- Supports both isolated and non-isolated flyback topology up to an output power of 16 W
- Auto-restart for all protection features
- Increase mid- and light-load efficiency with digital frequency reduction
- Ease of design and reduced BOM count with integrated error amplifier
- Simplified supply chain with a single device supporting flyback topology
- Similar pin-out and switching frequency within the same family allow scaling of power and breakdown voltage of integrated MOSFET. See also ICE5AR4770BZS and ICE5AR4780BZS.