PSoC™ 3 unmatched precision analog single-cycle 8051 8-bitcore, integrated high precision 20-bit analog
PSoC™ 3 is a true programmable embedded system-on-chip integrating configurable analog and digital peripheral functions, memory and a microcontroller on a single chip. And now our breakthrough new PSoC™ 3 architecture boosts performance through:
- Integrated high-precision 20-bit resolution analog
- Ultra-low power with industry’s widest voltage range
- Programmable PLD-based logic
- Single-Cycle 8051 core up to 67 MHz
PSoC™ 3 is now available in Chip Scale Packages (CSP) allowing you to design with the flexibility of PSoC™ in space constrained and small form factor applications like wearables, fitness products, and mobile devices.
The PSoC™ architecture consists of configurable analog and digital blocks, a CPU subsystem and programmable routing and interconnect. PSoC™ lets you plug in predefined and tested IP from the PSoC™ library of functions, or code your own. Either way, you have the flexibility to build innovation and competitive advantage into your products.
Programable Routing & Interconnect:
This frees you to re-route signals to userselected pins, shedding the constraints of a fixed-peripheral controller. In addition, global buses allow for signal multiplexing and logic operations, eliminating the need for a complicated digital-logic gate design.
Configurable Analog and Digital Blocks:
The union of configurable analog and digital circuitry is the basis of the PSoC™ platform. You configure these blocks using pre-built library functions or by creating your own. By combining several digital blocks, you can create 16-, 24-, or even 32-bit wide logic resources. The analog blocks are composed of an assortment of switch capacitor, op-amp, comparator, ADC, DAC, and digital filter blocks, allowing complex analog signal flows. For a partial list of preconfigured functions included in PSoC™ software, see the sidebars on the next two pages. You can modify and personalize each function to your design.
PSoC™ offers a sophisticated CPU subsystem with SRAM, EE PROM, and flash memory, multiple core options and a variety of essential system resources including:
- Internal main and low-speed oscillator
- Connectivity to external crystal oscillator for precision, programmable clocking
- Sleep and watchdog timers
- Multiple clock sources that include a PLL
PSoC™ devices also have dedicated communication interfaces like I2C, Full-Speed USB 2.0, CAN 2.0, and on-chip debugging capabilities using JTAG and Serial Wire Debug. The newest members of the PSoC™ family offer industry-standard processors like the 8051 and Arm® Cortex®-M3.
Low Power Management Solutions with PSoC™ 3 and PSoC™ 5 devices are easy to design and implement because both families were designed for power optimization. PSoC™ 3 and PSoC™ 5 devices have flexible power modes to optimize power and performance.
- Best-in-class low power specifications plus industry leading CPU speed
- World’s widest voltage range, the only device that offers full analog capability below 1.8V
- Minimizes power by offloading CPU processing using on-chip programmable logic
- Integrated peripherals reduce total system level power
- PSoC™ Creator software provides easy to use APIs for quick power management
- Wide operating voltage range: 0.5V to 5.5V
- 0.8 mA at 3 MHz, 1.2 mA at 6 MHz, 6.6 mA at 48 MHz
- 1 µA sleep mode with real-time clock and low voltage detect (LVD) interrupt
- 200 nA hibernate mode with SRAM retention
|Sleep Modes||Wake-up Time||Power (typ)||Code Execution||Digital Resources||Analog Resources||Clock Sources Available||Wakeup Sources||Reset Sources|
|Alternate Active||-||TBD||User Defined||All||All||All||-||All|
PICU, I2C, RTC,
|XRES, LVD, WDR|
Full Analog Performance Across the Entire Voltage Range
PSoC™ 3 and PSoC™ 5 are the only devices on the market to offer full analog performance down to 0.5V allowing you to not only operate off of a single cell battery, but also a solar cell.
- Download PSoC™ Creator
Quick Start Guide available within the tool
- Purchase a CY8CKIT-030 PSoC 3 Development Kit.
- Start your first PSoC™ designs
Refer to AN54181: Getting started with PSoC 3 design for simple digital design
- Join the Infineon Developer Community