The MOTIX™ TLE9867QXA40 has an integrated H-Bridge for your DC motor control application
The MOTIX™ TLE9867QXA40 is part of the MOTIX™ TLE986x product family. The MOTIX™ TLE9867QXA40 is a single chip 2-Phase motor driver that integrates the industry standard Arm® Cortex®-M3 core, enabling the implementation of advanced motor control algorithms. It includes four fully integrated NFET drivers optimized to drive a 2-Phase motor via four external power NFETs, a charge pump enabling low voltage operation and programmable current along with current slope control for optimized EMC behavior. Its peripheral set includes a current sensor, a successive approximation ADC synchronized with the capture and compare unit for PWM control and 16-bit timers. A LIN transceiver is also integrated to enable communication to the device along with a number of general purpose I/Os. It includes an on-chip linear voltage regulator to supply external loads.
It is a highly integrated automotive qualified device enabling cost and space efficient solutions for mechatronic DC motor drive applications such as sunroof and power window lift.
Infineon Embedded Power ICs are supported by a complete development tool chain provided by Infineon and third party vendors. The tool chain includes compilers, debuggers, evaluation boards, LIN low level drivers and configuration tools as well as variety of example software code.
For more information about the tool chain installation steps, watch our video "Toolchain Installation for Embedded Power ICs / TLE98xx".
Download and Install your preferred IDE
Download and Install
Download the SDK
a) via µVision 5 Pack Installer (see step 1)b) from the Keil software packages webpage (https://www.keil.com/dd2/pack/ ) and import it to the CMSIS Manager of IAR Embedded Workbench®
*If you still need the Config Wizard V1, please follow the link.
Additional Tools for Design-in
Embedded Power ICs provide a built-in boot strap loader (BSL) for programming the system-on-chip devices over the built-in LIN transceiver or UART. The uIO Stick acts as an interface between the TLE98xx device and a PC. It handles the BSL protocols as well as the physical layers. A PC application (uIO BSL Tool) provides access to all BSL functions of the Embedded Power device.
Micro Inspector Pro is a graphical visualization tool within Infineon Toolbox to interact with Infineon embedded systems based on Arm® Cortex®-M cores.
Micro Inspector Pro in unregistered mode (without entering a license key) allows the complete usage of existing dashboards. With the registered version, saving a modified or newly created dashboard is possible.
The license key to register can be requested via Infineon support channel: https://www.infineon.com/tac
- The Power Dissipation Tool is an interface that helps you estimate the power dissipation and the temperature of the chip. It is available for the whole Embedded Power IC family.
- The Power Dissipation Tool can be installed via the Infineon Toolbox. If you don`t have the Infineon Toolbox yet, please go to Infineon Toolbox and enjoy the release management for updates.
IHR and Vector are proven partners for drivers and driver configuration tools compatible with Infineon´s range of Embedded Power ICs, and support LIN specifications 1.3, 2.0 and 2.1. The offered solution provides a wide range of options for designers, with reliable testing specifications, intuitive operation, and diagnostic services.
Pack File V1.4.4 for TLE986x SDK
- Added device TLE9868QXB20
- Added SDADC example for TLE9868QXB20
- Added Timer3 example
- Updated disclaimer of XML files
- ADC1: Updated implementation of VDH attenuator output impedance
- ADC2: Updated Vref value and attenuator value
- BDRV: Added control bits LSx/HSx_OC_DIS in Config Wizard to control local or global shutdown
- BDRV: Updated interrupts for ConfigWizard v2
- BOOTROM: Enabled interrupts in case of a NVM error during page programming
- CCU6: Corrected deadtime calculation
- PMU: CNF_CYC_SENSE available only for devices with UC_FEATURE_STOPMODE
Use our simulation models to understand the behavior of the Embedded Power devices.
- The MOTIX™ TLE986x_7x_BDRV Bridge Driver contains programmable current-driven gate drivers. The MOTIX™ TLE986x_7x_BDRV Bridge Driver PSpice Model provides one gate driver instance as a PSpice subcircuit and covers all first-order effects which are relevant for investigations on timings and power dissipation of the external MOSFETs. The MOTIX™ TLE986x/7x CSA contains the Current Sense Amplifier block.
- The MOTIX™ TLE986x/7x CSA PSpice / Saber / SIMetrix models provide the CSA instance as a PSPICE / Saber / SIMetrix subcircuit, allowing to perform transient and DC sweep analysis. The models include the main parameters in order to properly configure the CSA, as reported in the MOTIX™ TLE986x/7x datasheets and user manuals.
- The IBIS (Input/output Buffer Information Specification) model provides information about the digital inputs/output buffers of the respective projects. The model can be used to perform various board level, signal integrity (SI) simulations and timing analyses.
Automotive Motor Control – Understandable
Welcome to our new training series “Automotive Motor Control - Understandable”. This series is aimed at all those who have something to do with electric motors and motor control in Automotive or want to get a first overview. The topics covered within the training have furthermore been tailored to auxiliary units such as pumps and fans.