The TLE9877QXA20 family is part of the TLE987x product family. The TLE9877QXA20 is a single chip 3-Phase motor driver that integrates the industry standard Arm® Cortex®-M3 core, enabling the implementation of advanced motor control algorithms such as field-oriented control. It includes six fully integrated NFET drivers optimized to drive a 3-Phase motor via six external power NFETs, a charge pump enabling low voltage operation and programmable current along with current slope control for optimized EMC behavior. Its peripheral set includes a current sensor, a successive approximation ADC synchronized with the capture and compare unit for PWM control and 16-bit timers. A LIN transceiver is also integrated to enable communication to the device along with a number of general purpose I/Os. It includes an on-chip linear voltage regulator to supply external loads.
It is a highly integrated automotive qualified device enabling cost and space efficient solutions for mechatronic BLDC motor drive applications such as pumps and fans.
Summary of Features:
- Six current programmable Drivers with charge pump for N-Channel MOSFET
- Integrated LIN transceiver compatible with LIN 2.2 and SAEJ2602
- Two Full duplex serial interface (UART) with LIN support
- Two Synchronous serial channel (SSC)
- On-chip OSC and PLL for clock generation
- One high voltage monitoring input with wake up functionality
- High speed Operational amplifier for motor current sensing via shunt
- Measurement unit:
- 8-bit ADC module with 10 multiplexed inputs
- 10-bit ADC module with 8 multiplexed inputs, 5 external Analog inputs
- On chip temperature and battery voltage measurement unit
- Independent Programmable window watchdog
- 5V/1.5V Internal supplies
- External Supply (VDDEXT): 5V+/-2% @ 20mA
- Power saving modes:
- MCU slow-down Mode
- Sleep Mode
- Stop Mode
- Cyclic wake-up Sleep Mode
Features of the Microcontroller:
- 32 bit Arm® Cortex®-M3 Core, up to 24 MHz clock frequency
- 64 kByte flash memory for code and data
- 32 kByte Boot ROM memory in code space (used for boot code and IP storage)
- 6 kByte RAM memory
- Harvard architecture
- Thumb®-2 Instruction Set and hardware divide and multiplication unit
- Four 16-Bit timers
- Capture/compare unit for PWM signal generation (CCU6) with 2 x 16-bits timers
- Operating supply voltage Vs=5.5 to 28V, maximum rating 40V
- Extended operating range Vs=3.0 to 28V, MCU / Flash fully functional
- ESD performance :
- up to 2kV / handling on all pins
- 4kV @ HV inputs
- 6kV @ LIN pin
- Overvoltage device clamp (load dump ruggedness) up to 40V
- Wide operating temperature range: Tj:-40°C up to 150°C
- Fuel pump
- HVAC blower
- Engine cooling fan
- Water pumps
- BLDC pumps and fans
- Sensor-less and sensor-based BLDC motor applications controlled by the Local Interconnect Network (LIN) or PWM
Infineon Embedded Power ICs are supported by a complete development tool chain provided by Infineon and third party vendors. The tool chain includes compilers, debuggers, evaluation boards, LIN low level drivers and configuration tools as well as variety of example software code.
|Toolchain Installation Steps||Company||Description|
Download and Install
Download and Install
|Download the SDK via
µVision 5 Pack Installer
(see step 1)
*If you still need the Config Wizard V1, please follow the link.
Additional Tools for Design-in
Boot Strap Loader Support via uIO Stick
IHR and Vector are proven partners for drivers and driver configuration tools compatible with Infineon`s range of Embedded Power ICs, and support LIN specifications 1.3, 2.0 and 2.1. The offered solution provides a wide range of options for designers, with reliable testing specifications, intuitive operation, and diagnostic services.
Use our simulation model to understand the behavior of the Bridge Driver better. The TLE986x_7x_BDRV Bridge Driver contains programmable current-driven gate drivers. The TLE986x_7x_BDRV Bridge Driver PSpice Model provides one gate driver instance as a PSpice subcircuit and covers all first-order effects which are relevant for investigations on timings and power dissipation of the external MOSFETs.
Welcome to our new training series “Automotive Motor Control - Understandable”. This series is aimed at all those who have something to do with electric motors and motor control in Automotive or want to get a first overview. The topics covered within the training have furthermore been tailored to auxiliary units such as pumps and fans.