Automotive PSoC™ 4 M-Series
PSoC™ 4 is a scalable and reconfigurable platform architecture for a family of programmable embedded system controllers with an Arm® Cortex®-M0 CPU, while being AEC-Q100 compliant. It combines programmable and reconfigurable analog and digital blocks with flexible automatic routing. It provides the most reliable capacitive touch-sensing and proximity-sensing solutions for automotive HMI systems with reduced system costs, even in harsh automotive environments. PSoC™ 4 reduces total system cost by integrating programmable Analog Front Ends (AFEs) and programmable digital blocks.
The new PSoC™ 4 M-Series expansion to the portfolio includes more programmable analog and digital blocks, expanded memory, new peripherals and higher number of I/Os for all your mixed-signal embedded requirements.
Implement complex 12-bit AFEs with the integrated low-power opamps, comparators, analog multiplexers and SAR ADC. Replace mechanical buttons with sophisticated CapSense touch-sensing interfaces.
Offload the CPU with custom coprocessors and support emerging interface standards by using the integrated timer/counter/PWM blocks, serial communication blocks and the Universal Digital Blocks.
Dual Controller Area Network blocks (CAN 2.0), peripheral-to-peripheral Direct Memory Access (DMA) and up to 55 I/Os that support analog, digital, LCD drive and CapSense touch-sensing interfaces.
- Enables a touch user interface with up to 24 I/Os
- SmartSense Auto-tuning speeds time-to-market and eliminates the need for manual system tuning.
- Prevents false touches caused by liquids.
- Implements advanced proximity sensing: wake-on-approach, liquid level detection, and IR sensor replacement.
Automotive PSoC™ 4 reduces system cost with Programmable Digital Blocks, Programmable Analog Blocks, CapSense and LIN Slave to:
- Create custom AFEs for sensors and add sophisticated user interfaces
- Communicate to car network with integrated LIN
- Slave controllers
- PSoC™ Creator enables easy integration of multiple ICs and system interfaces into one PSoC
- Zero false touches reported by the touch sensors in harsh automotive environment.
- Reduces Radiated Emissions (RE) by easily modifying CapSense Component parameters in PSoC™ CreatorTM IDE.
- Complies with standard emission and immunity specifications like CISPR 25, ISO 11452, IEC 61967 and IEC 62132.
- A Grade: –40 °C to +85 °C
- S-Grade: –40 °C to +105 °C
- Infotainment & Navigation
- Integrated Systems
- Interior HMI
- Natural HMI surfaces
- Door lock / unlock
- Foot-kick, emblem touch
- Force-sensing, haptics
- Water & Fuel, Quality
- Smart Sensor