Automotive PSoC™ 4200L
PSoC™ 4 is a scalable and reconfigurable platform architecture for a family of programmable embedded system controllers with an Arm® Cortex®-M0 CPU. It combines programmable and reconfigurable analog and digital blocks with flexible automatic routing. The PSoC™ 4200L product family, based on this platform, is a combination of a microcontroller with digital programmable logic, programmable analog, programmable interconnect, secure expansion of memory off-chip, high-performance analog-to-digital conversion, opamps with Comparator mode, and standard communication and timing peripherals. The PSoC™ 4200L products will be fully compatible with members of the PSoC™ 4 platform for new applications and design needs. The programmable analog and digital subsystems allow flexibility and in-field tuning of the design.
- 48 MHz Arm Cortex-M0 CPU with single-cycle multiply
- Up to 256 kB of flash with Read Accelerator
- Up to 32 kB of SRAM
- DMA engine with 32 channels
- Four opamps that operate in Deep Sleep mode at very low current levels
- All opamps have reconfigurable high current pin-drive, high-bandwidth internal drive, ADC input buffering, and Comparator modes with flexible connectivity allowing input connections to any pin
- Four current DACs (IDACs) for general-purpose or capacitive sensing applications on any pin
- Two low-power comparators that operate in Deep Sleep mode
- Eight programmable logic blocks, each with 8 Macrocells and an 8-bit data path (called universal digital blocks or UDBs)
- Cypress-provided peripheral component library, user-defined state machines, and Verilog input
- 20-nA Stop Mode with GPIO pin wakeup
- Hibernate and Deep Sleep modes allow wakeup-time versus power trade-offs
- Two Cypress Capacitive Sigma-Delta (CSD) blocks provide best-in-class SNR (>5:1) and water tolerance
- Cypress-supplied software component makes capacitive sensing design easy
- Automatic hardware tuning (SmartSense™)
- LCD drive supported on any pin with up to a maximum of 64 outputs (common or segment)
- Operates in Deep Sleep mode with 4 bits per pin memory
- Four independent run-time reconfigurable serial communication blocks (SCBs) with reconfigurable I2C, SPI, or UART functionality
- USB Full-Speed device interface 12 Mbits/sec with Battery
- Two independent CAN blocks for industrial and automotive networking
- Eight 16-bit timer/counter pulse-width modulator (TCPWM) blocks
- Center-aligned, Edge, and Pseudo-random modes
- Comparator-based triggering of Kill signals for motor drive and other high-reliability digital logic applications
- 124-ball VFBGA, 64-pin TQFP, 48-pin TQFP, and 68-pin QFN packages
- Any of up to 94 GPIO pins can be CapSense, analog, or digital
- Drive modes, strengths, and slew rates are programmable
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE) provides schematic design entry and build (with analog and digital automatic routing)
- Applications Programming Interface (API component) for all fixed-function and programmable peripherals
- After schematic entry, development can be done with Arm-based industry-standard development tools
The new PSoC™ 4 M-Series expansion to the portfolio includes more programmable analog and digital blocks, expanded memory, new peripherals and higher number of I/Os for all your mixed-signal embedded requirements.
Implement complex 12-bit AFEs with the integrated low-power opamps, comparators, analog multiplexers and SAR ADC. Replace mechanical buttons with sophisticated CapSense touch-sensing interfaces.
Offload the CPU with custom coprocessors and support emerging interface standards by using the integrated timer/counter/PWM blocks, serial communication blocks and the Universal Digital Blocks.
Dual Controller Area Network blocks (CAN 2.0), peripheral-to-peripheral Direct Memory Access (DMA) and up to 55 I/Os that support analog, digital, LCD drive and CapSense touch-sensing interfaces.
- Enables a touch user interface with up to 24 I/Os
- SmartSense Auto-tuning speeds time-to-market and eliminates the need for manual system tuning.
- Prevents false touches caused by liquids.
- Implements advanced proximity sensing: wake-on-approach, liquid level detection, and IR sensor replacement.
Automotive PSoC™ 4 reduces system cost with Programmable Digital Blocks, Programmable Analog Blocks, CapSense and LIN Slave to:
- Create custom AFEs for sensors and add sophisticated user interfaces
- Communicate to car network with integrated LIN
- Slave controllers
- PSoC™ Creator enables easy integration of multiple ICs and system interfaces into one PSoC
- Zero false touches reported by the touch sensors in harsh automotive environment.
- Reduces Radiated Emissions (RE) by easily modifying CapSense Component parameters in PSoC™ CreatorTM IDE.
- Complies with standard emission and immunity specifications like CISPR 25, ISO 11452, IEC 61967 and IEC 62132.
- A Grade: –40 °C to +85 °C
- S-Grade: –40 °C to +105 °C
- Infotainment & Navigation
- Integrated Systems
- Interior HMI
- Natural HMI surfaces
- Door lock / unlock
- Foot-kick, emblem touch
- Force-sensing, haptics
- Water & Fuel, Quality
- Smart Sensor